Need advice- have particular situation?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

I'm a little confused on the statistic averages that have appeared.

I have a few hubs dedicated to certain celebrities. However, the content(written statement) is why the hub exists?

Now- the purpose of the dedication is to show people beautiful women who have found the freedom to explore their life to the fullest.

Yet, there are many people who don't or cannot see how to do the same in their own life. And, they need help.

My problem here is that I've had OVER 300 clicks to Amazon, but no sales?

So, it got me to thinking about whether or not it would be better some other way?

Or is it the problem that I am not linking to the checkout? Would that be best? Or can it be done?

Is the Hub listed over promotional on Amazon?

Please advise?

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-List-Celebrity-Photos

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not going to sell much there. Sorry. The Amazon cookie change will also have an effect - but - to be honest - you have so many Amazon capsules people almost feel obliged to click on one.

I would try 2 different tacks and see:

1. Try reviews of the movies instead so that the traffic arriving is more likely to spend money.
      2. Reduce the Amazon capsules down to 1 product per naked woman. wink That will drastically cut down the amount of click throughs - only those interested in spending money.

Naked Drew Barrimore+spending money? Does not compute.

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Mark. Very much appreciate. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark is right - you have so many Amazon ads, it's almost inevitable people will leave by that avenue, even though they're not that committed to buying.  And if they don't buy immediately, you get nothing.

It seems to me that most people would arrive at your Hub looking for pictures of these celebrities - which means the only thing they're likely to buy is a poster of the celebrity, or perhaps a DVD or book ABOUT her.

By the way, are all those photos used legally (I mean not copyright?)

2. Cagsil profile image71

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated. smile

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

wish I could help but no clue sorry.

4. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Amazon now has a very short cookie and a reader on your Hub now literally has to buy an item then there and then.  If they put an item in their trolley and wander off to look at another site and then come back and purchase, you probably won't register the sale.

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can you link a product from a capsule to the check out of Amazon? smile

5. Cagsil profile image71

Will putting one in a cart, taking it to check out?

Be a link I can put into a capsule?

6. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Caggie... Its a way of stitching us up!  They place a short timer cookie which means when the buyer comes to purchase (after being all over the internet looking at other things) the cookie has timed out!  Once the cookie has timed out, they dont have to give you a referral fee, thereby saving money!

I now understand why the SEO gurus dont bother with Amazon adverts!!!

I wonder if the same applies to ebay capsule?  I wonder if that is the reason why Nelle mainly promotes ebay as opposed to Amazon?

I made about $2,000 here in December with Amazon, but the one shot cookie dropped my conversions from 9% to 6%.

So I figure they owe me $1,000 sad

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so is this a new change and am I right in my assumption? x

This is a new change. Late last year. What assumption is that?

1. profile image0

As originally stated...

They place a short timer cookie which means when the buyer comes to purchase (after being all over the internet looking at other things) the cookie has timed out!  Once the cookie has timed out, they dont have to give you a referral fee, thereby saving money! doh! lol x

1. profile image0

and...

I now understand why the SEO gurus dont bother with Amazon adverts!!!

I wonder if the same applies to ebay capsule?  I wonder if that is the reason why Nelle mainly promotes ebay as opposed to Amazon?

No. I don't think so. Ebay also made a change this year. Ask Dale about being dumped as an affiliate and losing 5k a month at the same time as the Amazon change. sad

1. profile image0

bleeding nora!  The credit crunch is hitting hard!  It is getting tighter and tighter!

*downs a glass of chablis!... better have it now - next week could be just lemonade!*x

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Oh - yes. They screwed us pretty good. Like I said - they owe me $1,000 for December.

I gather this is not unusual for affiliates around that time of year. First time it happened to me though. Most annoying.

Still - lesson learned - less eggs in that particular basket this year. smile

1. profile image0

yes... ebay dumped newbies and now Amazon screwing us up!  Gee!!

Dale is well established - or was lol  And Nelle was booted from another affiliate at the same time - just in time for the Xmas traffic.

1. profile image0

So much for encouraging us to work hard and be rewarded!  Again this is an example of oppression of the small man through big business!  And WE THINK WE HAVE LIBERTY! 

*there is one thing worse than the fool and that is the fool following the fool!  Lets not fool ourselves!!*

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I promote them both. In fact my first 200 Hubs heavily promoted Amazon. I didn't start promoting Ebay until October. So I still have some catching up to do with Ebay.

I'm working so hard on ebay because if Massachusetts institutes sales tax requirement for online purchases - Amazon will drop me like they have affiliates in RI and NC. I can't believe the state reps would dare adopt a new tax after the Brown victory - but you never know. Ebay doesn't drop affiliates because of this.

1. profile image0

It is starting to make a farse of the whole thing.

For me... I was just that little bit too late for ebay, so was turned down and now these short term cookies act as a decentive to recommend.  Do you think this Amazon action is rather short sited?  I do. 

I think they are getting much too powerful and am finding that Amazon is no longer the cheapest kid in town!  I recently purchased a computer that was £300 cheaper than retail shop outlet.  Funny how when big business gets too cocky, they lose out in the end!  Guess Amazon are going to learn the hard way!!

7. NoRR4Me profile image64
    NoRR4Meposted 14 years ago

Wow, you had over 300 Amazon clicks. That's great, but it's awful that they didn't produce any sales. Someone mentioned the life of the cookie when someone clicks. That could be it, but that's kinda strange to me.

8. Appletreedeals profile image67
    Appletreedealsposted 14 years ago

From a male's perspective I have a different thought. Your hub has very provocative, (good thing), photos, and the Amazon clicks are probably just to see more, not buy.

9. Cagsil profile image71

Thank you everyone for your input. smile

1. profile image0

.... and shazwellyn wouldnt let it lie! hehehe

10. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

bumping... x

11. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Bumping? Who's bumping? big_smile

12. Cagsil profile image71

I figured this thread would simply die. Why in the world are you keeping it alive?

I've got my answer. But, thank you for the thought. smile

13. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I have a messiah complex; I like to revive things. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)