Legit Backlinks, need information.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (53 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I would like to know if there are any hubbers here that swear by buying legit backlinks? Ones that are not spammy and will not be looked down upon by Google.

What I want to know also, is if I can buy backlinks for individual hubs and how should I go about doing so?

I'll be upfront, I have NOT backlinked my hubs this year and have seen a lot of success regardless. However, there is a niche that I am trying to gain more traffic in. And this niche, I believe, requires backlinks if I want to see better SEO success.

My goal is to get at least 50-100 views on every hub I write on this niche. I know for a fact, if I move up 5-10 positions in the SERP, it would make a substantial difference in traffic.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Buying backlinks is not worth the risk. Just be interesting, people will link to you

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is very good advice.  Let the backlinks come naturally.

3. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't buy backlinks, probably because I can't afford them, but there is nothing stopping you fro creating your own by forum posting etc.

I am still trying to figure out how one of my competitors, using my keywords on blogspot, gained 1000 backlinks within days of publishing a new blog.

All his posts were duplicate content from Amazon.

I am pleased to note (having just searched) that his blog name is not in the first 6 pages of Google despite all those obviously fake backlinks.

His Twitter name, however, is on page 2.

I would like to know what 1000, even low quality, backlinks could do for original content, but sadly have not figured out how to get them, without writing fresh content for 1000 sites, which is quite difficult, I would imagine.

1. ThunderKeys profile image64
      ThunderKeysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM maybe it's not the backlinks per say but the page views that person's getting as a result of those links?

4. vexez profile image64
    vexezposted 12 years ago

SEO is an interesting thing. No one knows what exactly googles look at. Regardless of what type of links it is, we wouldn't know if it is "good" or "bad" links to google. Linking to your Hub is always good but you may not need to spend much effort doing so. Just do it naturally.

Sharing on your social bookmark accounts. Making a small blog on some blogging platform about your hub. If your hub is useful for a particular niche, find a forum of that niche and join in the conversation with your hub in your signature.

A little of each will be helpful.

David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would like to post my hubs on social networking sites, but I don't want people I know to see my hubs. Also, they will probably get annoyed by it.

5. TerryGl profile image56
    TerryGlposted 12 years ago

Good question David and one discussed on forums all over. Generally when you buy a backlinking service the seller is usually using software such as Scrapebox, Xrummer, SEnuke, SEORobot, Sick Submitter and EvoII.

That's how they pay for their monthly subs. Its easy to do. You buy 1k links and the seller submits the urls and keywords into the software and presses "SUBMIT".

The end result is a nice list of links built. Throw them into a word file, some nice headings and clipart, turn it into a pdf and email it to you. That way you just got value for your bucks.

That's the extent of nearly all backlinking services. It works and works well.

My suggestion is to take up the $1 five day trial of EVOII from Brute Force and do the same thing. See if it works for you. Yes, all the links built will be indexed using this software.

6. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

Google will come down hard on anyone it knows has paid for backlinks. It will penalize pages and whole sites for using the backlinking methods described by Terry, above.

So, if you use these methods it is a question of not getting caught. There is also the question of whether these methods are of any value at all, traffic-wize.

7. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Might have guessed Mr Clean would throw a spanner in the works.

Thanks Terry, I have sites that need those backlinks which I would probably not use for HP.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that comment is very nice, Will. It will do nothing for our relationship in the future either. I called you Mr Clean, some would think that a compliment. Obviously the niceties of how to win friends and influence people went right over your head.

It wasn't meant to be nice, Izzy, and we don't have a relationship.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Darling, you could have told me this in private! Sniff!

2. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was harsh, Will.

I used to be able to soak up a lot of derision in these forums but I just got tired. If people can't say what they mean without silly little jibes they lose my respect completely.

1. habee profile image93

I honestly thought Izzy was calling you "Mr. Clean" as sort of a compliment!

I think you are toying with me, Habee.

2. IzzyM profile image88

I was, thanks habee, I have never derided Will in the forums, and he is welcome to check.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                  psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Funny because the "mr clean" comment struck me as derision--specifically that Will's advice should be ignored because he is too uptight

1. IzzyM profile image88

"Might have guessed Mr Clean would throw a spanner in the works" is the same as "Will's advice should be ignored because he is too uptight?"

Really?

8. Will Apse profile image90

I hate seeing the new hubbers exposed to this kind of blackhat stuff.

The alternative is to learn to write well.

1. TerryGl profile image56
      TerryGlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The problem though Will is strangely enough these types of links actually work.

Just remember though, the op asked a question and in line with the culture of a forum advice was given in lines with the op thread.

There is no need for you to provide any denigrating comment based upon your opinion. The idea of a forum is to reflect on the op's thread, not an opportunity to stand on any righteousness box.

When I feel comfortable buying stolen goods, falsifying my tax returns and lying on CVs I feel will feel comfortable with the kind of backlinking methods, you are offering Terry.

Now you've lost me. What am I offering?

Describing how buying a backlink service works is not offering anything.

I seem to remember you telling us all how much money you were making selling article spinning software. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And still do. What's that got to do with buying backlinks?

In fact I made three sales already today and approaching power seller status. I also have a 68 page ebook on Blackhat techniques that I wrote that sells like hotcakes but what's that got to do with this thread.

I also run a Blackhat forum so why would anything I do bother you?

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I once bought links, Google found the exchange and my site sat at PR0 for over two years. That is not "working" as far as I am concerned

The opinion that it is a risky and fraudulent practice against Googles terms of service is perfectly valid

Even if the backlinks are used at a slower rate and are high quality?

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you buy just one backlink it is viewed as fraud by google.

A slow rate will carry less risk of course, and I can't imagine how google would determine that one backlink was actually purchased.  One won't do any good, though - you will need hundreds or more likely thousands of the quality that you can buy to do much good and that raises the risk factor.  As Psych points out, that could cost you your HP earnings in their entirety for a very long time.

If you want to game the system by violating the TOS and are willing to take the risk, then do it.  It's how many, many sites rank and how many that used to rank got there before being caught.

You mean getting backlinks for just one hub could hurt my other hubs as well?

From Will's post, above:
                "Google will come down hard on anyone it knows has paid for backlinks. It will penalize pages and whole sites for using the backlinking methods described by Terry, above."

Yes, google could well penalize your subdomain for buying backlinks for one hub.  From their viewpoint you have been labeled a cheater that violates their TOS and attempts to artificially raise a hub without value to a higher ranking.  Why wouldn't they hit your whole site?

9. Will Apse profile image90

That's a good enough answer for me.

10. David 470 profile image81

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a hubber named Misha who bought backlinks or something? Did he have success?

I know a lot of you guys think buying backlinks is bad because Google does not like it, but I think this is most in part because people are buying low quality backlinks. They also may have been getting 1000 backlinks all at once, which obviously, is looked down upon by Google. Don't get me wrong, it is  better to get backlinks naturally, however, it could take a long time, and that time could be spent publishing hubs on different keywords that get ranked higher in the SERP.

I mainly want to experiment to see if I do move up in the SERP and how my traffic is affected. I will never know how these keywords do if I do not move up to the top positions.

Misha was one of the most successful hubbers on HP at one time, and was a master at gaming the system.  If I recall correctly he had around 20 hubs and once showed a screen shot of $3,000 adsense earnings for one month.

Now though, he has 9 hubs that, even though years old, all show a PR of (-).

So he got penalized..Is he gone from HubPages? I have not seen him in the forums for a long time.

I haven't either.  I suspect he started fresh on a new site after Panda but don't know that to be true.

Whatever happened, it seems odd that none of his hubs have any PR at all.  I don't think even one of my hubs (over a month or two old) shows less than a zero.

And maybe I'm totally out of line here - after saying that I looked at my hubs and every one is a (-).  So are all of yours I looked at.  So are those from Habee, where I would expect to see up to a PR3.  So are all three profiles.

My FF tried to update the other day with a comment that the SEO addon would no longer work - maybe that's all it is.

1. habee profile image93

My profile page was PR4 last week, and I had lots of hubs that were PR2 and PR3. Now they all say n/a. Whaddup??

Oh oh.  Are you using FF as well, or something else?

1. habee profile image93

FF says n/a for everything now! Last week it had my profile at PR4.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
                PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Misha left after falling out with the HP staff.  He felt that he'd been forced out, although the HP staff will probably have their own take on this.  (If you search the forums, you will find him giving his reasons for going in his own words.  He also set up an anti-HubPages forum after he left)

Misha was charming and intelligent, but I can't say that I would appreciate some of his hubs if I encountered them from an ordinary internet user's perspective.

He does not like HubPages anymore, a vendetta?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
                    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this
    2. Will Apse profile image90

Try updating your content now and again. Google loves updates. A simple update should give a page a boost of a few places, though it might fall again after a time. Try a few links to authority sites. Google likes worthwhile links. Try a video that adds something to the page. Keep your reader engaged a little longer.

You can call this on page SEO or just making the page a better place for your visitor.

Yes, I shall try updating more.

11. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Bought backlinks are against their rules, always and all kinds

12. David 470 profile image81

I think this was discussed in the forums, but, does linking to our other relevant hubs count as internal or external links? Since sub domains were incorporated, I always wondered this.

Links from within your subdomain are internal, from outside your subdomain are external.

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Just checked my PR here and it says it's still PR4:

http://www.checkpagerank.net/

Google checker says n/a.

14. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 12 years ago

I agree with most of what's been posted here. Eventually there will be no way around really good content, combined with basic SEO and quality back-links.

It's all about loving what you write, being a strong writer and leaving really thought provoking and engaging comments to build resilient backlinks. I've found guest blogging to be helpful too. Then organic links from others will follow.

15. ThoughtSandwiches profile image75
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 12 years ago

Hi Paul...does Misha still have an active Hubpages profile?

Misha does, just search for it in HP search and you will find it.

Why don't you just go and look at Misha's backlinks? You will soon work out what he  was doing. Doing is a lot quicker than talking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)