- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
New Additions To Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.8.0
There are always going to be pros and cons when it comes to updates for games. Minecraft PE isn’t any different. Here I’ll go over most of the pros, while pointing out a few cons along the way. If you find the same problems I have with the game, consider letting Mojang know about them. And more importantly, leave them some love either on their website or in the App market. They work hard to give you hours of Creativity and Survival fun.
- Minecarts, rails, and powered rails!
- The view distance has been massively increased!
- New textures, colours and block functionality taken directly from the PC version
- New blocks: carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more
- New crops and food types: beetroot, carrots, potatoes and pumpkins.
- Lots more blocks and items to use in Creative Mode.
- New AI and breeding.
- A new Creative inventory with tabs.
- Improved lighting and fog effects.
Do you like the new additions?
Minecarts, Rails, and Powered Rails
Some of the things that were missing from the Pocket Edition version of the game were minecarts, rails, and powered rails. These are a fun little addition to the game because you can transport yourself over long distances while doing it quickly. Play around with the rails and test their limits. When I get a more detailed update on how to build and use the carts, I will update this section. Until then, read on and see what else Mojang has added! (One thing Mojang may need to do is increase the amount of resources available so you can take advantage of and build the railways.)
Self Explanatory Additions
- The view distance has been massively increased: This is nice, but not necessarily needed. I didn’t seem to have a problem with how far I could see in the game.
- New textures, colours and block functionality taken directly from the PC version: This is very self explanatory, they are trying to make the game more like the PC verson.
- New blocks! Carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more: No longer will you have random blocks of wood that you can’t make planks and sticks out of. They have updated the wood types and functionalities while adding the ability to also make hay bails. Iron bars could be fun if you want to trap some monsters and have some pets ;). Make a giant prison and act like you are in The Walking Dead for a fun scenario. Pick the monsters off with bows and arrows for increased fun.
- Lots more blocks and items to use in Creative Mode: Of course if they added blocks to Survival mode, they will be available in Creative mode. I can’t wait to see what people come up with for new worlds.
- New AI and breeding: Mojang felt that some updates were needed so the monsters and animals in the game would act more lifelike. I haven’t noticed much of a difference other than the fact that animals now breed faster and easier.
- A new Creative inventory with tabs: Hey, they added new blocks, had to add new tabs.
- Improved lighting and fog effects: Not really noticable in my opinion. But then again, I turn the brightness up on my Galaxy S4 and my iPad, so maybe you will notice something different.
How would you rate this game?
New Crops And Food Types
Beetroot, carrots, potatoes, and pumpkins are very nice of Mojang to add to the game. One thing I did like about the last update with melons was trying to figure out how to grow them. I’m going to go off of an assumption that these items grow similarly to melons, but I can’t be sure yet. I will do more testing and update as I play along. I tried simply planting beets the same way you would with grass, and they disappeared like melons did in the last update. I do have a tutorial on how to grow melons in another hub that’s posted below. Check it out and use the method I used for Melons with the new farming items. Try out some farming and post your findings in the comments below. Give me your name and your update and I’ll give you the credit you deserve on this hub!
Thanks for reading, and I’m going to apologize one last time for not having all the answers at the moment. I just felt like getting the word out about the new update was important. If you have anything to add, submit them in the comments section below or email me at email@example.com. If you have any ideas for hubs, send them to the same email. I appreciate the help.
Here's A Little SEO Money Maker
We all know that bloggers are looking to at least make their money back on hosted websites. The great thing about HubPages is that it keeps my personal website "free". Email me if you have any questions! Meanwhile, here are a few links to my related hubs:
This link will help anyone who has problems growing mushrooms, melons, or sugar in Minecraft PE
If you want to go to the Nether, here's how to do it in Minecraft Pocket Edition
Don't know how to play Minecraft Pocket Edition? Here's how to start