Brain teaser

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Soniabala profile image61
    Soniabalaposted 10 years ago

A man drops a brick. He doesn't intend to hurt himself, but within a minute his nose is broken. How?

Answers pls

1. erinshelby profile image70
      erinshelbyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If this is some sort of word pun, I'm going to guess that it was a "word brick" - a huge block of text?
      I have no idea!

2. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Drop a brick could be an idiom for saying something inappropriate, which gets his nose broke?

2. electronician profile image79
    electronicianposted 10 years ago

Did he drop it on someone else - and did they get revenge by punching him in the face?

Soniabalaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nope....

3. StageCheck profile image60
    StageCheckposted 10 years ago

Whatever he did, it fell from above...,

4. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

He fell face down, or fell faster than the brick and the brick hit his nose when they landed.

5. Jeannie Randall profile image61
    Jeannie Randallposted 10 years ago

He drops the brick on his nose?

6. writinglover profile image77
    writingloverposted 10 years ago

He takes a nose dive. tongue

7. Heather Says profile image93
    Heather Saysposted 10 years ago

He dropped it, tripped over it, and fell face-down?

8. Martin Heeremans profile image59
    Martin Heeremansposted 10 years ago

These teasers are old school. Reminds me of the one about the guy in a phone booth with arms stretched right out through the glass of the booth, fishing rod outside the booth, phone off the hook and he's dead.  What happened?
    I know that answer, not this one but here I go.
    I know these things aren't logical and as such this probably won't be the right answer,  but here I go.
    Maybe when he dropped the brick, the fact he had dropped the weight from his hands may have caused his hands to become suddenly lighter and fling himself in the nose as his mind wasn't paying attention.

9. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

He drops the brick, it lands on something that springs back, launching the brick into his face.

10. Martin Heeremans profile image59
    Martin Heeremansposted 10 years ago

I reckon this is it. He dropped the brick in front of him, tripped on it and smacked his nose into the ground? Someone else posted that, it must be pretty close.

11. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

As he attempts to pick up the brick, he's leans over too quickly and hits his nose on his work bench or tools.
    OR
    The strain of dropping a "brick" caused a vessel in the nose to "break." (Sorry for that, couldn't think of anything else)

12. a beautiful mess profile image87
    a beautiful messposted 10 years ago

He was laying on his back and dropped it on his face. what a dummy

13. AaronjHenderson profile image53
    AaronjHendersonposted 10 years ago

I do not believe that the man dropping the brick impacts his nose being broken, nonetheless, the man dropping the brick does not mean that he dropped the brick on himself. The statement, "A man drops a brick. He doens't intend to hurt himself'" means that he drops a brick without hurting himself, unless he is laying on his back with a brick in the air and drops the brick on his nose accidentally. In this case, he may be trying to prove a point to his face!

14. BadOldMovieReview profile image59
    BadOldMovieReviewposted 10 years ago

dropped the brick on a rake.  Rake flies up & hits him in the face.

15. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 10 years ago

A man is holding a brick in the middle of the woods when an alien space craft abducts him.  As he is being beamed up, his grip on the brick loosens and it falls on the tail of a beaver who happened to be passing by.  The beaver, in anger, hurls the brick at the space craft, causing the abduction beam to falter, ultimately dropping the man back to Earth. 

The man thanks the beaver and asks 'How can I repay you for saving me from the aliens?' The beaver tells the man to buy him a bottle of bourbon. 

When the man is in the liquor store selecting the beaver's reward, he tells the owner about being saved by the most amazing beaver he has ever encountered and asks which bourbon would make the best gift of gratitude.  "I've met a lot of beavers, but this one does things I never knew beavers could do!" The owner of the liquor store thinks the man is talking about his wife, the town whore, and punches the man in the face.

(With these old school brain teasers it's virtually impossible to answer "wrong." Any answer that includes a brick and a broken nose is technically correct. smile )

Nice story.. lol

16. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

All of this was within a minute?

17. Soniabala profile image61

Nice try... Answers may vary

Correct Answer

The man is a physics tester and is demonstrating the law of energy conservation by tying the brick to a string hanging from the ceiling. He pulls the brick back and puts it right up to his nose and lets go. Because of air friction, the brick should lose some speed and thus miss the teacher's nose on the return swing. Unfortunately, this time the teacher accidentally gives the brick a little push. It returns with too much force and breaks his nose.. smile

1. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

neutral I thought you said he dropped the brick.

2. chasmac profile image89
      chasmacposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm disappointed. Are you sure that's the correct answer? It sounds like just one more highly implausible reason like we've been coming up with here - especially, as Jan has pointed out, you said he 'dropped'  - not 'released'  the brick.
      I vote the prize goes to Phoenix8 for the best answer. The idiom "Drop a brick" (or 'drop a bombshell') means to announce some shocking news. "He loudly announced at a party that he was running off with his best friends wife". Dropping a brick like that is certainly one way to get your nose broken.

Yeah,that's the correct answer...Its not so good.I will post some interesting puzzle tomorrow smile

18. deecoleworld profile image74
    deecoleworldposted 10 years ago

It was raining bricks ... He was walking down the street and suddenly a brick dropped down in front of him. He picked it up confused and looked around. He looked up to realized thousands of bricks falling from the sky. He not only broke his nose but he died, along with 1,000 people in a small town in Boulder, Colorado ... its quite a shame actually. Those bricks could have made some fine houses

19. Soniabala profile image61

I agree with that, the words mismatched... This is a hard puzzle... So today's winner is everyone, who tried to answer this puzzle smile.. Nice try guys.... See you tomorrow, with some interesting puzzle

20. jkcki profile image72
    jkckiposted 10 years ago

These puzzles are always hard, because these aren't the way they are supposed to be given smile  These are creative thinking puzzles, and how they are usually done is by asking questions. Each person participating can ask a question, in turn, and the response needs to be either a "yes" or a "no."

So if 5 people were participating in this logic game, they would ask questions like:
    "Is the brick attached to anything?" Yes
    "Is the brick being moved by gravity?" Yes
    "Is anyone else involved?" No
    "Is the man trying to prove a point." Yes
    "Is the man running a science experiment?" Yes

I used to do a lot of these as a kid, but the funny thing is that teachers never know how they are supposed to work, so they never prove their point!

The point of these puzzles are not brain teasers, but rather deductive reasoning smile

21. Sulabha profile image76
    Sulabhaposted 10 years ago

Is it nosebrick? Brick fell so nose broke?
    Just guessing like a child!

22. Sulabha profile image76
    Sulabhaposted 10 years ago

Is it nosebrick? Brick fell so nose broke?
    Just guessing like a child!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)