When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (39 posts)
  1. marcoujor profile image74
    marcoujorposted 11 years ago

When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?

2. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 11 years ago

Good morning Mar...I just sang yesterday...I really couldn't remember the words and to someone listening it may have been quite scary.

marcoujorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You sweet thing...keep singing...you could not scare a fly...!  smile

3. Jennifer Lynch profile image68
    Jennifer Lynchposted 11 years ago

I love singing.  I would say that I sing something on a daily basis.  I also help my son with his harmonies as he is a singing teacher for children in London and he has to try them out with someone!  Getting better now - practice makes purr fect,  Miaow!

A lady who loves to sing and kitties too...indeed a pleasure to meet you, Jennifer!

4. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

I sing all the time, everyday, especially while driving, so that is pretty much daily.  However, I love singing with my granddaughters when they are up, which is often.  Lily, who will be three in March, especially loves "Angels We Have Heard On High," throughout the year, as there is a special angel in their room at my house and when I hold her to sing to her before putting her down for bed, she and I sing her choice of that special song just between she and I.  I think she almost could sing that song before she could speak a sentence, as I started singing it to her when she was just born.  She has such a great memory and she always remembers the words to that particular song, and it has words one would think would be hard for a toddler to attempt to pronounce much less remember.  She makes sure she asks me to sing that song.  It is just the sweetest time together.  Funny how my mind works though, as far as songs on the radio, I cannot seem to remember the words until my brain hears the first note, and then all the words comes flooding back.  Love to sing while doing everyday mundane things, i.e., housework, etc., as it just lifts one's spirits.

Oh Faith, so sure you are singing through your days, especially with sweet Lily.  I am with you on that...I totally agree that singing a song can lift one's spirit in a heartbeat.  Your answer is as beautiful as you!

2. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am singing right now, thanking Him for you dearest Maria!

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Hello Mar, Actually right before I answered this question. lol I find myself singing just out of habit I guess. And it isn't a pleasant sound either.

Healthy habit, J... it may be more pleasant than you imagine?! Thanks for stopping by...

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe? lol You are very welcome!

6. LaThing profile image60
    LaThingposted 11 years ago

Hey Mar, my dear, dear friend!! smile
    I sang to myself this morning in the shower.....LOL.

YEAH...you go, Miss Thing!! Proud of you, Lizzy!

7. Zsuzsi profile image61
    Zsuzsiposted 11 years ago

I love music as it makes me feel good, so I sing every day. Nowadays I often catch myself singing old tunes that were once popular on the radio but have long disappeared from the top charts. I'm surprised I still remember to not only the melody but the lyrics too.

Zsuzsi,  What a cool name!  It is amazing that I cannot remember things from a few hours ago, yet I can also remember inane lyrics from when I was a child...and I am fossil material.  I appreciate you making that point.

8. TheCranberryBarn profile image64
    TheCranberryBarnposted 11 years ago

I just did.  I sing to myself and people around me all the time.  I'm a band director!  big_smile

Well I never... LOL  smile

9. Car51 profile image61
    Car51posted 11 years ago

Just coming in from Church -- sang my heart out!! When weighed down (by pain, anxiety, sorrow), singing to God gives me strength and calm!

Beautiful answer, Car51...from what I hear, you're not half bad!

10. msLarayne profile image62
    msLarayneposted 11 years ago

Just last night. A young woman hired me to sing at her boyfriends birthday dinner. It was great and everyone really enjoyed themselves.

So cool...sounds like a fabulous party! How exciting for you...

11. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

i sing to my kid every night before he goes to sleep. It is a habit since he was a baby. I only sing to myself when i am in the kitchen alone, with the radio on, tuning my favorite radio station. My humming is totally out of tune.

Your kid will always be able to hear your beautiful voice at the times he needs to in life...I still remember " catching Mom in her Southern accent", some of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard.

12. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

I'm singing now Mar, singing back up for Joni...is a link allowed?
    http://youtu.be/StugAUy7hsc
    Great question. I usually do the 'sing along' kind of singing. Cats aren't too fond of it, they run and hide... smile

I always associate you with Joni's music...you are a beautiful free spirit. Keep singing, if a cat "runs and hides", it's a compliment!

13. Becky Katz profile image81
    Becky Katzposted 11 years ago

I am laughing about this question. Yesterday, I was walking through the store with Katy and we were both singing to the music on the radio in there. Then we went around the corner and found two others singing the song too. We all started laughing.

Now " that" is the power of suggestion and I am also guilty of the same thing, Becky!  Good to laugh for any reason...!!

14. Kasman profile image76
    Kasmanposted 11 years ago

I play guitar and sing anyway. I sing all the time to myself to get better. Sometimes just because im joyful. I sing to my wife sometimes. I sang to The Lord today!

You sound very cool...nice to meet you!

15. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Maria......Much to the dismay of those within ear-shot......I sing all the time, with or without background music.  Another one of those life long habits, picked up from childhood.
    My Dad was a musician.  A very talented one.  He and his 3 brothers, sang the most beautiful 4-part A capella  harmony, anyone could have had the pleasure to hear.  He played sax, both alto and tenor, and also wrote music.  He had a copyright on a couple of hymns, that the choir of our church, sang.
    Our mother was a "listener," only, but truly liked music played in our home.....When my Dad wasn't singing, or playing his sax...he whistled tunes, as he worked around the house.   A record or tape or even the radio, seemed to be "on," at all hours of the day and night, in our home.
    I sing to my grandchildren.....when I rock them to sleep.....and I sing in the car....and I'll be damned if I don't "whistle," while I'm working around the house.
    Some things just happen.....continue.....and are a part of your life.

Oh what lovely memories and I am sure your home was and is filled with much joyful music, including whistling!  Thank you for stopping by, Paula!

16. hawaiianodysseus profile image69
    hawaiianodysseusposted 11 years ago

Hi! The last time I sang was yesterday when my wife and I harmonized several Christian hymns, along with her piano accompaniment, at an assisted living facility not far from home.

It's an honor to also be called upon to sing solos, and some of my recent "covers" have been Chris Rice's "Amazing Grace" and Steven Curtis Chapman's "Be Still and Know."

When did I last sing to myself? It was in the shower the other day...I was singing a song that I wrote years ago called, "Tropical Rainbow." Maybe I'll do a hub video of it one of these days.

Thanks for asking...and thank you even more for being such an inspirational and amazing human being!

Good to see you and thanks for such a wonderful answer...I will look forward to seeing your hub video.

17. Rosemay50 profile image59
    Rosemay50posted 11 years ago

Hi mar, I sing all the time as soon as I hear a favourite I am in there giving it all... but without music to keep me in tune people beg me to stop smile  I last sang to my grandchildren and of course I used to sing to my cockatoo, he was the dancer

We are two peas in a pod...I can sooooo picture your cockatoo dancing with you, as you are belting it out, girlfriend!  Aunt Baby and I do the same thang!!  Keep singing...everyone loves it 'deep down'!

18. H-Chris profile image60
    H-Chrisposted 11 years ago

I sing nonsense songs all the time to my rats, cats, dog and ferrets and to my husband and his belly...often to popular show tunes. Especially in the shower.

My mom used to sing such songs to us as kids. I always vowed I would never do anything that silly. Guess I was wrong.

However when I'm cleaning I prefer to whistle along with the songs because I'm a better whistler than a singer.

OMG, do you sing " Ben" to your rat...you sound like such a funny and sweet person, even singing to your husband's belly!  Thank you for your fabulous comment and please keep singing and whistling!

19. greencha profile image64
    greenchaposted 11 years ago

Well I just tried to sing to my amazing parrot .. and she just told me to shut up.. (honest)-then she started singing 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'--Ive been in stiches laughing -who needs television.....?

OMG,  that is an amazing (and sassy) parrot LOL... thank you for this smile!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)