jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why RPG online games are so addictive?

1. LizzyBoo profile image60
    LizzyBooposted 7 years ago

Why RPG online games are so addictive?

Why do we spent so much time on those games?
    What is the risk playing those games?
    What we should know before we start playing such game?

2. ieifood profile image77
    ieifoodposted 7 years ago

It all depends on you, the way you look into them.

Personally, i used to play a MMORPG called Silkroad Online for a period of about 2 years. Even then, i was 2 levels from the maximum level.

Why was it addictive to me? I've met a lot of new people there, i've had fun experiences with them through voice chatting and live gaming.

If you have the time, i don't really think it's a waste, however... when you don't have time, you're wasting your life.

I don't see a really big risk, you should just have a strong character so you can quit whenever you want(which ain't always easy, but i think it's much easier than other, more serious addictions).

3. LizzyBoo profile image60
    LizzyBooposted 7 years ago

Well, I see the big problem underneath. Some people takes those games personally. Those games are designed to be non personal. It means we should not mix real life with game. So many people gets personally involved, that is the problem I see in such games.

4. kaltopsyd profile image77
    kaltopsydposted 7 years ago

Popmundo, Zwinky, Sims, Renaissance Kingdom... all examples of role playing games (RPG). People spend hours and hours playing games such as Petville, Frontierville, Farmville and Cafe World on Facebook. Those are also examples of role playing games.... read more

5. subzero1981 profile image61
    subzero1981posted 6 years ago

you get more invloved with the characters and you fell a since of accomplishment when you slay a hard boss or battle. You can watch the development of your charaters.

working