jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Reading...is it uncool or have we been swept away by TV and Internet?

1. Becca Lopez profile image58
    Becca Lopezposted 6 years ago

Reading...is it uncool or have we been swept away by TV and Internet?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image61
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Reading is still one of the coolest things on Earth. Its just that people give a lot of time to TV and Internet as you said.

3. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

I'm a reader, reading is cool. You learn so much from books.  I do watch some TV but most likely you will find me reading books if you ever visit me. There are a lot of book shelves in my house..

4. Rob Ballantyne profile image57
    Rob Ballantyneposted 6 years ago

Reading is often overlooked because as a society we have become lazy and it takes time.  Laziness is uncool reading is not.

5. smanty profile image66
    smantyposted 6 years ago

Believe me, reading is still very cool. I read all the time, and I am in college. Younger people and older people should read, and I don't think people should stop reading. I will agree that the internet plays a role in keeping people from reading actual books, but reading is not uncool.

6. downpourofwords profile image40
    downpourofwordsposted 6 years ago

Reading is the best thing to do compared to TV and internet. However, no one can distance themselves from the internet nowadays due to its immense reach. Reading can be done over the internet as well. But the feeling of lying down or sitting in a resting chair with a book in one;s hand, the spectacles over the nose, a coffee next to you, mmm. That cannot be replaced by internet or the television.

7. Carmen H profile image84
    Carmen Hposted 6 years ago

Whoever finds reading uncool is lazy enough to be ignorant, and that's not a positive attitude to cultivate.