jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Whats your favorite video game genre and why?

1. mrberry087 profile image61
    mrberry087posted 5 years ago

Whats your favorite video game genre and why?

2. jamesmuia profile image86
    jamesmuiaposted 5 years ago

Personally I like Role Playing games. I'm drawn in by the their stories. Games such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age Origins, etc, have a lot of cut scenes which I can use to make game trailers.

Action games are also good in short spurts, but I tend to get bored with them a lot quicker than a good RPG game.

I also support indie developers or developers who ask their fans for help.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

3. j-u-i-c-e profile image94
    j-u-i-c-eposted 5 years ago

That's always been a really tough question for me. I definitely spend a lot more time playing RPGs, but I love survival horror games, too. I can never decide which genre I like more. What I want is a really scary RPG. smile

4. cicsomum profile image62
    cicsomumposted 5 years ago

RPG, played Diablo/Diablo 2, warcraft, WOW, heroesIII. IV. V, Elder scrolls Morrowing to Skyrim  etc etc
    Dont know really why, II just like this genre

5. mrberry087 profile image61
    mrberry087posted 5 years ago

when i was younger it was fps (cs 1.5/6/Source, MoH, COD), but now its rpgs i think thats just because of the story dept you get in an rpg.

6. jackofspade profile image60
    jackofspadeposted 5 years ago

Personally I love Role Playing games and RTS.
    RPG for the story and RTS for there some many level to think (economie, unit, timing, etc).
    I started with warcraft 2, starcraft, C&C red alert and now I'm a avid Starcraft 2 and leagu of legend player.
    For RPG the Final fantasy and dragon quest franchise were my favorite.

7. Alucard_1990 profile image72
    Alucard_1990posted 5 years ago

I like anything that is competitive (Counter Strike Source, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers Melee, Marvel VS Capcom 2 & 3)

I also like games that are excellent to play cooperatively with a friend (Age of Empires II, Diablo series, Resident Evil 5)

8. lilmissmeg profile image61
    lilmissmegposted 4 years ago

HORROR. its my favorite genre but i play all genres really. XD

working