How to collect and sell rare coins?

1. InfoFinder profile image70
    InfoFinderposted 5 years ago

How to collect and sell rare coins?

I am interested in starting to collect, and maybe one day, sell rare coins. My interests are in possibly gold and silver coins, as well as some unique and interesting coins from the ages. How does one get started, and flourish in such a collectible market? Does anyone have any tips that have worked for them, or know of some good resources to learn?

2. thelyricwriter profile image94
    thelyricwriterposted 5 years ago

I don't know where you live, but Ebay is a great place to buy coins. Make sure you buy from a good rated seller. I always go to the bank and buy change. I look through it and pick out the old coins. You are not going to find them much, but I found a few rare and valuable coins this way. Sometimes, you can find an entire roll of old coins. Yard sales and auctions are a great way also. Yard sales, you can usually find great deals. Go to the bank and load up on coins. It takes time, but it has paid off for me.

3. Csjun89 profile image68
    Csjun89posted 5 years ago

It can vary depending on where you live!
    You can try looking for a coin collector near where you stay, or you can check out some international sites for gold and silver coins that will ship it to you.

As for which method is best it would really depend on where you stay, as that would influence costs and reliability. e.g. when you need cash and need to liquidate, in selling it back to the place you bought it from

As the other poster mentioned ebay is also a possible source, but you would have to be careful and keep your eyes open.