jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Best video game company ever?

1. Khal Blogo profile image61
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Best video game company ever?

Before you start yelling "Blizzard!" just consider this: Shiny Entertainment created "Earthworm Jim", "Sacrifice", "Messiah", and "MDK" with far more limited resources than Blizzard uses on it's games.

2. The Odd Spartan profile image80
    The Odd Spartanposted 5 years ago

It has to be Bungie for me. Their closeness to their fan base is their strongest point and I think that's a huge reason why the Halo games were so great. Now they are working on something new that I absolutely can't wait to hear more about. Curse their bizzare ability to keep things under a shroud of super-secrecy. Just makes me like them even more!

3. William157 profile image76
    William157posted 5 years ago

Hands down, Valve.

No company has the same kind of relationship with their fans as Valve. Everything they do is for fans, from the Skyrim Steam Workshop, to TF2's outrageous ability for anyone to make an item, get it in the store and make money on it.

Better yet, they're privately-owned, so there will never be a situation where Big Brother Investor pressures them into doing something they don't wanna do.

4. theflonga profile image59
    theflongaposted 5 years ago

Blizzard Entertainment ofc
    All games by Blizzard are bestsellers
    WoW, Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft

5. jackofspade profile image60
    jackofspadeposted 5 years ago

I agree with William on that one.
    Valve manage to do great things and keep there intellectual property.
    They even have their employee guide freely accessible on the internet:
    showing there structure, principle and vacation.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I can't believe no one said Nintendo. Say what you will about their 'kiddie' image or the Wii's casual gamer focus, Nintendo has not only created some of the most memorable characters in gaming history (Mario, Link, Samus) but they've produced consistently amazing entries into those series for decades. No, they haven't created a new franchise in ages, but they deserve a lot of credit for advancements that they pioneered in the industry.