Creationism - The Fatal Flaw

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 74 discussions (330 posts)
  1. Spaghetti Monster profile image59
    Spaghetti Monsterposted 14 years ago

While I was quaffing one of my latest products in the beer factory, I pondered the following.

Creationists believe that God created the world in 6 days, and that Adam and Eve were happy in the garden of Eden until a snake persuaded them to eat an apple, after which everything started going to pieces.

I trust that everyone is in total agreement up to this point.

Well, here's the problem.

Nowadays, snakes don't have the power of speech. Or persuasion.

So people who think that evolution is a myth, and that it is impossible that a monkey could evolve into a man seem to have no problem believing that snakes can go through a type of reverse evolutionary process.

Where they change from seductive, persuasive, silver tongued beings into totally silent mouse eaters who couldn't be seductive or persuasive if their lives depended on it.

Just a thought.

RAmen.

1. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do all that believe in creation believe in adam and eve? Sounds like a faith based assumption to me.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Marine.I think its interesting to point out that in the original Hebrew the word Adam can be used to indicate an individual OR humanity.The thing is,the original Bible was written in Hebrew,Greek and Aramaic.Seems to me the truth would require learning these languages IN THE ORIGINAL CONTEXT then reading the Bible if we want to know what it really taught.Christianity has become a religion of Convenience and status like a Gucci hand bag.Any of you believers Care to quote what Jesus "SAID"on the requirements for becoming his disciple.The rich man,on forgiving etc.If you can answer this then you didn't do it cause Jesus told the man to give away everything he owned and you have a computer...

1. aguasilver profile image71
          aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My computer was donated to me as a blessing.

I don't recall Christ walking around with a laptop.this is another example of Christian convenience...

I don't recall Christ walking around with a slate tablet either, in fact I know of nothing that he actually wrote, except the words in the sand that made the Pharisees flee from stoning the woman caught in adultery.

So presumably from your perspective no Christian should own a pen or pencil or any writing material?

Get real.

Christ used what was around at the time, His message is not to put possessions above God, not to hold them tightly, basically don't covet.

God would never let the enemy have all the tools of the 21st century, Satan's job is to try and discredit Gods word, of course God is going to provide His servants with what we need to deny you guys the freedom of the airways.

But a nice try....

God as most Christians define him doesn't need people to kill for him,something religious fanatics have been doing since the beginning of the distortions of Christs Teachings.God has the KEYS to the Lightening cabinet and can take care of that little chore him self.My Christian friends(surprise surprise)have taken the time and put in the effort to go back to the ORIGINAL language the Bible was written in with the context and symbolism of that time.I love there understanding of the Bible and would defend it.If you truly are a Christian I challenge you to do the same.you cannot achieve Salvation by symbolically ducking your head under water or professing the name of Christ unless you live HIS life which as you know was not a Cake walk.When the disciples asked him what to expect from the world he told them to look at the way the world had treated HIM and asked if they thought the world would treat them any better,did he not?So I say again,Christianity has become a religion of convenience and Status much like a Gucci hand bag.Most people think becoming a Christian will make there life Easier,only the few realize how hard it really is.To those few i say,God Bless You,you are keeping your religion alive.

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I don't believe we evolve from a monkey, and I don't believe a Serpent could talk to happy guys into eating some apple and get doomed.

I really don't care where I come from. Only care where I'm going. And that I know pretty well!

And don't ask. That's my secret.
      lol

Do you still hate me even though I love you?

How can you claim to know where your going when you don't know where you came from?

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But, Marine, you're missing the point. She knows where she came from. She just doesn't care. That doesn't mean that she lacks the ability to plan her own future.

What past revelation of where 'mankind' comes from- is irrelevant.

Especailly, when we accept our own existence and where exactly we came from. And, that would be the womb of another human being called your mother. No other questions are required to live life for oneself.

lol big_smile lol big_smile

I would argue to say that neither her, you, or me know where we came from or where we are going as absolute. It can only be believed through faith.

2. Don W profile image83
        Don Wposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*whispers* Where are you going? I promise not to tell anyone else.

3. kinder123 profile image66
        kinder123posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can I also come with?

3. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

All animals have the power of speech and the ability to reason and rationale. I read that in a book by Aesop.

And, considering that a single book has the power over a great many people to ignore evidence to the contrary, it would seem legitimate, yes?

4. cocopreme profile image88
      cocopremeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think there is a difference between believing in micro-evolution and macro-evolution.  Any observer of the world can see that things do change over time.  Human lifespan has increased since recorded history, for example.  However, I think macro-evolution hasn't been proven.  There still is no evidence of missing links.  The fossil evidence to support massive changes in life forms from unicellular swimming microbes to four-legged furry mammals is just not there.  And if you think it does exist, show it to me. 

According to creationism, you are right that there was a reverse evolutionary process.  That is the whole premise of the fall and the subsequent need for redemption.  Man was supposed to be more than he is now.  In the beginning he was more in tune with nature, either by telepathy, as some have mentioned, or some other unknown means.  Redemption and the return of Christ will be in a way evolution in the forward sense reversing the effects of humankind's bad choices.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You think macro evolution hasn't been proven.

You are wrong. It has been proven.

Now your beliefs are worthless and jesus is not going to come back. Telepathy or no. sad

Do you lot just make this up as you go along?

And the means of being more in tune with the rest of creation is not unknown. I do it all the time. But - I am not waiting for jesus to return. wink

1. cocopreme profile image88

Then show me the proof.  I've yet to see it.  Show me some hard evidence.  All you are doing is saying I am wrong based on your own personal opinion.

No - I am saying you are wrong based on the fact that there is ample evidence and the entire scientific community accepts this as fact.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

It is not my personal opinion. It is an actual fact.

Odd that you demand "hard evidence" though - yet go with the talking snake and telepathy and jesus coming back  without any evidence whatsoever.

Why is that?

1. profile image0
              thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this
            2. cocopreme profile image88

You assume that anyone who is a Christian is simply someone who believes in pretty fairy tales.  That simply is not the case.  There is a whole branch of religious study, apologetics, that attempts to answer the tough questions about faith.     

I only became a Christian after I reluctantly came to the conclusion that it was more logical than agnosticism. 

Here are a few of the "hard evidences" in favor of the validity of Christianity: atheistic scholars treat biblical texts as good historical documents because of their accuracy and lack of errors, archaelogical evidence has been discovered and continues to be found to support biblical accounts, the Jews who crucified Jesus could not produce any evidence to refute his resurrection during their lives. 

Even the toughest critics of the Bible don't deny its accuracy in the details.  Hard evidence in the ground tells me the people who wrote the Bible didn't make up what they were saying.  And the people who had the most to gain, the Jewish authorities, could not even find evidence to stop the new Christian movement. 

Thetruthhurts2009 posted a cite that refutes your so called evidence of evolution.  Seems to me that the entire scientific community does NOT accept evolution as fact.  You are wrong about that.   

As for the telepathy, that is more speculation than anything else.  I think most biblical scholars would agree that the creation account in Genesis is not meant to be read as a scientific text.  It is more of a story explaining the why of human existence rather than the how.  If evolution actually had something other than speculations and great leaps of faith in asking us to believe that fish magically turn into cows all of their own accord, I could reconcile it with Christianity as the means by which God acted. 

As it stands, I find it much more believable that there was a magician bringing things to life rather than creatures changing species to get to a better food bowl.

So - you did not actually want the hard evidence I provided then?

Why even ask for it if you are then going to tell me you do not believe it even when it is given to you?

Sorry you are unable to understand evolution. I must admit - going with the "god did it and we did not magically change from fish to monkeys therefore the bible is right," is a compelling argument if you favor the simplistic. Good for you - It is always useful to know your intellectual place in the world.

I know what "apologetic," means. A misnomer, of course - like all christian statements. Attacking scientific knowledge does not give any weight to your irrational beliefs. Quite the opposite in fact. wink

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/creationism.jpg

1. cocopreme profile image88

You obviously have failed to read even my brief post.  You skipped over the part where I talked about evidence and then regurgitated your pat little "all Christians are ignorant" response.  Did you even look at some of the evidence I provided for believing in the Bible?  What about the website countering yours?  Did you look at it?

Dear oh dear.

Sorry you cannot understand evolution. sad And yes I looked at the website. "Laughable," would be a reasonable response.

Evidence you provided for believing in the bible? I think you are misunderstanding the term, "evidence." sad

I provided you with the hard evidence you requested, and you already had an attack lined up. The same one all you religionists use which amounts to: "I do not understand science but here is a christian website with some big words on it that says evolushun is a lie."

You leave me little option but to laugh in your face.

Seriously - why did you ask for hard evidence if you are 1, not going to look at it and 2, attack it with pseudo-science?

2. aguasilver profile image71

"It has been proven."

Wanna give some chapter and verse (so to speak) on this statement, a little PROOF TEXT showing how scientist have proved it would be pleasant.

5. aguasilver profile image71

1. Lucifer/Satan/devil was (and still is able to)appearing as a snake, it was a subterfuge, the snake would have had no knowledge that it was being used by Satan, any more than people who get used do today. Many people have signed covenants with Satan in return for power and wealth here on earth, but far more are owned by Satan in default because they have been fooled into believing he does not exist.

2. Satan still appears as "seductive or persuasive" especially in today's media hype world, you have no idea how many times you will see Satan at work in the average day.

3. I would be less inclined to disbelieve the 'fact' that "a monkey could evolve into a man" if there were actual evidence linking these two events, or if for some peculiar reason monkeys have seemingly STOPPED evolving into men... why is that?

Why can i not find one singl monkey in the world leaning against the bar drinking his pint (messily) and saying "Sorry man, I'm still evolving" - any answers?

Was that sufficiency on subject for you Cags.... and will you now answer my question:

Are you a Scientologist?

I realise that our atheist American friends are probably stuffing turkey at this time, so maybe answers will be slow to follow.... funny that, why do atheists celebrate a Christian festival?

6. jimbo9 profile image69
      jimbo9posted 14 years agoin reply to this

By the way, It does not say Adam & Eve ate an apple. They took of the FRUIT and ate. Jim Hogan.

1. jimbo9 profile image69
        jimbo9posted 14 years agoin reply to this

To argue about what the Bible says you need to read and study it properly. Not quote scripture out of context.

lol lol lol

How can you NOT take a 2,000 year old document out of context? wink

By understanding that there is a difference between religion and what is to be learned from Jesus.

The 2,000 year old document you're talking about is the Bible. Yes, it's out of context. It's out of context on purpose.

7. GeneralHowitzer profile image45
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DNA of humans regardless of sex or race, points toward one common ancestors, this is according to DISCOVERY CHANNEL... that six days is not literally six days as in days on earth's... words in scriptures are hidden in parables and symbols careful...

Now here are the pitfalls of your so-called evolution crap...

1. There are no fossils that will link two different animals as in evolving from one animal to the other. There is no transition that transpired. Sorry to disappoint you spaghetti... there is no fossil evidence of a fish turning into a reptile or a reptile to a mammal...

2. The so-called missing link between man and ape is still missing or should I say gone forever because there is no such thing that exists.

3. Adaptation is the proper word my friend not evolution. If you would isolate a snake coming from Hawaii to say in another Island off Caribbean this animal will turn into another sub specie or even morph into another specie of still snake not a dragon nyahahaha...

4. The Bible that you are underestimating is the very first thing to state that the earth is round/sphere outperforming the antique Scientists who says it is flat.

5. The history written on this wonderful book is accurate than any other present history books around.

6. evolution is not a "fact" but a theory.

7. There is no human witness then to justify this theory, in other words, evolution will never hurdle the Scientific Method.

8. It is impossible to use Scientific method to test the validity of evolution.

9. Many Scientists believe in creation in contrary to most beliefs.

Amen

8. Neil Sperling profile image59
      Neil Sperlingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally disagree with that statement buddy -- study politics in almost any country and you will see what I mean!

9. MikeNV profile image67
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The "Flaw" as you try to point out is not with the Biblical Texts but with people who choose to interpret them literally.  Phoenix Suns Forward/Center Amare Stoudmire has a fitting tattoo that states "Knowbody Knows".

If you look to the history of the World you will find accounts that coincide with the Bible.  But one can not apply what is known today with what was known in ancient times because there was no way to easily record what happened.  Paper and the printing press was not available.  Language has changed over time.

Study the Sumerians and you learn they knew many things we are just now "relearning".

Take a look at Quantum Physics and the tests that man has devised to understand particles at microscopic levels and a whole new world of misunderstanding appears.  Photons that act as both light waves and particles.  Photons that can be in more than one place at once.  The universe is a vast mystery.

One can make any assumptions they want but science can only prove so much, and the Bible can only say so much.

Choose your belief system and move on with your life. We know one thing for FACT - The body dies.

10. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have trouble with talking snakes?  What about all the talking trees?

In the past week I have read several articles here on HP about talking trees, and I was sent an e-mail to a blog with a message from a tree to spread to the whole world. 

Somehow, logically, I find it more probable for a snake to talk than a tree, though I have only experienced the latter.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Nope, we still talk and are persuasive occasionally.

1. Stimp profile image60
      Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG....I just got a damn chill up my spine...tongue

3. profile image49
    Mikedeltaposted 14 years ago

May be the as is explained the punishment for disobeying God's rules made Adam work all his life like a donkey, and Eve to bear the pain of labour, and may be the serpant paid by having his priveldges taken away from him!!

I'm not buying it.

4. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

There are many possibilities??
      I do not believe in the seven  "CONSECUTIVE"  day theory!
      It is also possible that in the beginning all of creation communicated on a telepathic level. In harmony
      With the snakes deceitfulness, this ability was taken away.
      Many if not all animals seem to show signs of this ability still today. Possibly when speech began its evolution this telepathic ability began regressing. 
       The possibilities are limitless.

1. tantrum profile image61

hi jerami ! smile

that's 1 of the many possibilities

2. marinealways24 profile image60

I agree, the possibilities are limitless when the possibilites aren't believed as absolute.

1. Jerami profile image60
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When one belief is agreed upon as absolute, don't you think that all other possibilities are nullified

How could you logically believe it possible for all individuals to agree on the same absolute when all have individual minds. This would take sacrifice of individual belief. How many individuals are unselfish enough to meet at a common ground? This is only believed through faith.

Again Marine, I don't mean to step on your toes here, but believe it or not- there is a common system of belief that ALL individual minds could work with their entire life and not be selfish or sacrificial of oneself. To give oneself a sole purpose of bettering humankind's existence. This is a collective 'mental' process, each person or individual can believe in and get behind.

Cag's are you a Scientologist?

Do try and stay on topic. We(all) know how you like to bring this back to your precious 'religious' texts. So, let's try and keep our eye on the ball, per se, shall we.

Oh, I think this is very much 'on topic' because if you are a Scientologist, as I suspect you are (or a simple NO would have sufficed) then obviously you would hold a jaundiced view of the Christian God... especially as (if you were a Scientologist) you would believe in our species arriving from a distant location, making the creationist view distinctly in conflict with your position.

So why not just answer the question and be done with it?

I don't hold a 'jaundiced', as you say, view about the Christian God. You're the one with a biased faith, unsupported by any real truth.

As for me being a scientologist? No. I am a man of human life. I don't study just a specific part of life. I understand it.

I absorb all knowledge offered, evaluate it in the basis of reality and am able to understand it's meaning. I don't expect you to understand, nor would I expect anyone else to understand.

There is a reason I came to HubPages- I didn't come for fights or insults. I came to spread the knowledge I have and to help people understand it, in it's proper context, as it should be. I don't have to explain what I say, unless someone doesn't know what I'm talking about. However, with that said- it is also the reason for why most of my posts are always long. I make sure that people try not to interpret what I say. There is no interpretation need. Just read the words. You or anyone else, don't see things like I do, but every time I post something, people have a tendency of interpretating it and turning it around for their own use, instead of using the comprehension skills for learning, they have trained themselves to be aggressive and manipulative.

You have issues with anything I have to say, then I suggest remembering ONE key element- Before you can bring in 'creationism' into reality, as a fact- it must be proven.

Science defined Reality. Reality exists free of independent thoughts, desires, will, or wishes. It is all knowable.

Inside- reality- we know "GOD" doesn't exist, therefore rules out 'creationism', on the basis that "GOD" is the creator. If science rules "GOD" non-existent, so it does 'creationism'.

Common-sense goes a long way.

And you think it is logical everyone will believe this same belief? Something like that can only be believed through faith. There are a lot of common beliefs, doesn't mean others will believe it. Is murder being wrong absolute?

Now, I think you are being silly. Yes, many people have same beliefs and Yes, people can be on the same page with others, and not be based on faith.

I can see it happening. I can see every puzzle piece that is required to make it happen. Therefore, it's an integrated thought. It's not faith. It's not a belief. It's known that it can happen, because if I didn't know it could be done, as I do, then it would be a belief and would be based on faith. There is NO doubt about it happening or that it could happen. It's only a matter of time. Human survival depends on it.

If you're curious, I have faith in myself. I believe I am one with myself, at all times, simply due to my clarity about life.

And, to answer your second question- Is murder being wrong absolute?

Yes, it is MORALLY WRONG to murder any human being. Hence, again I will demonstrate moral absolutes:

(1) Any CHOSEN action that is beneficial to the human organism or society is morally right or good.

(2) Any CHOSEN action that is harmful to the human organism or society is morally wrong or bad.

Emotions are amoral. Neither right or wrong.

Thanks. If you say murder is wrong as and absolute belief, yet we can't agree as a whole on the belief that murder is wrong, how is murder being wrong absolute?

Killing is contradiction to life. Is this universal truth? If this is universal truth, why do not all of us agree? Why are there wars and the need for wars? How can killing contradict life be a universal truth if we can't all agree and find common ground?  How is killing absolute truth when we and animals must sometimes kill to survive? How is killing absolute truth when some beliefs teach killing is great sacrifice to a belief? Is killing being wrong absolute truth when a judicial system has the death penalty that can wrongly convict someone to die?

If there is no absolute truth that killing is wrong, how can there be an absolute truth on anything else?

How is murder being wrong absolute? Are you being serious?

READ MY other post. Any CHOSEN action that is harmful to the human organism or society is MORALLY WRONG or BAD!

What part did you not understand. It's an absolute. Got it?

Put these in an email Marine. I'll answer later. It too much to do here in the forum. Thank you.

Man, do not read what I post. This is the third or fourth time you've asked me to define 'truth'? You don't make sense.

So if I had murdered Adolf Schicklegruber in (say) 1921 I would have been committing a moral wrong, but if I had murdered Adolf Hitler in 1941 I would have been morally right... is that fact?

Is your purpose in life, to be annoying to others? Just thought I would ask, because you question is ridiculous beyond ALL comprehension.

And, I guess I am forced to do this again, because you can't read.

Any CHOSEN action that is harmful to the human organism or to society is MORALLY WRONG or BAD!

So, for your foolish question- BOTH are Morally WRONG! Killing another human being is wrong, regardless of why? It's mankind who bring justice, as a system of control.

5. profile image49
    Mikedeltaposted 14 years ago

yes quite a strong possibility, how else would one communicate with God other than through a thought process, (telephatic communication) and it may well have been God's plan to evolve man out of an ape! what the bible describes of the earth and heavens being created in 6 days may well be billions of years of our time rather than his. like I said we sue don't know .

But Ok it is reasonable to assume that some of the things stated in Bible or in many other religious books do not make logical sense, but despite so much advanced knowledge, we are still not sure how exactly the universe was formed in the first place, where it came from, what triggered it, etc etc, perhaphs our creator didn't think it is necessary for us to know that, we craeted Dolly the sheep, through an experiment, but that dolly the sheep doesn't know and need not know who created it., as long as she gives us some milk, chews grass, makes offspirings, her role is fullfilled, thats what we have asked of it, but wjhat a shame we copied the DNA or stole it froma  real sheep first created by someone else or through another process!!

6. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I'm not too sure about animals having the ability to telepathically communicate.  Many species have other means, such as visual signals and the ability to smell fear in their fellow creatures.  These are instincts developed over thousands, if not millions of years. 

By stating these animals can think and rationalize opens a new can of worms.  If they can think and use logic does this mean they have souls?  Do they sin as man does?  See what I'm getting at?

1. profile image53

Only if you believe in fables.

2. Jerami profile image60

I only suggested this as a possibility..
        As such the diffrent species would have diffrent levels of this ability the same as diffrent people have diffrent levels of  linguistic skills. Man at the top with Dolphins and so on down the totem pole. 
         As I mentioned earlier I state this as purely a possibility to not be ignored

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So where is the line drawn?  Chimpanzee's could have souls, or are we humans the only decider's of such things?

sorry about the delayed answer  I'm deep frying some turkeys for myself and a couple a friends and family.   Don't want um waiting dinner for me.

I don't know where to draw any line or if we can. I know nothing and have been acused of thinking very little.

7. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

The thing that always got me about the biblical creation story was that adam and eve ate from the tree of knowledge, and gained knowledge, and so were punished 'lest they also eat from the tree of life and live forever' Basically that is saying that humanity could have knowledge and eternal life, but God prefered for us to die ignorant. If the bible is true then god doesn't sound very nice to me.

2. profile image0

God didn't want us to know evil, if you read in context.

An omnipotent, vengeful, jealous god who doesn't get what he wants.  Yeah right!

How could you know good if you didn't know evil?

3. Jerami profile image60

Have been frying turkeys; Got one left; MINE. so am sorry for slow answers.
         My "interpretation" of the story would be that with God being all knowing and all, when this story was told and later written it was from mans prospective. When God created man he wanted to SEE that his creation did in fact have free will.
      The test would not have been to see if Adam and Eve were Prue of thought but were they capable of free will.
         If you were to create a little robot you would first take it off of the table and wind it up and see if it does what it is supposed to. I think that God did the same thing. As we know the experiment was a success.
         When the bible story is believed we must remember that it was written from mans prospective.

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If an entity is omniscient there would be no need to "test" anything!  Proof that the god of the bible is merely a human concoction.

You forgot that the original story written in biblical scripture as well as my fictional analogy was written from mans prospective.

8. profile image0
    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years ago

I have no problem with variations, genetic recombination, adaptations, transduction, mutations, transformation, vital enzyme exchange through plasmids, natural selection, conjugation within a KIND, it’s biblical, observational and a proven fact, but when you Darwinist try to take leap of faith with “Give it enough time you turn anything to anything look at these bones” that where it stops being science and becomes a pseudoscientific religion. The biggest fallacies in the evolutionary atheist argument the are a philosophy pseudo scientific religion with no base they have no logical answer for  how it all began, where did the information came from, but without a superior answer to that they’ll still proclaim there is no God. It’s a dizzying intellect.

Evolutionists seem to think variations, genetic recombination, adaptations, mutations conjugation within a kind + TIME god= apes to human, but that's simply impossible.  "The amount of information in the 3 billion base pairs in the DNA in every human cell has been estimated to be equivalent to that in 1,000 books of encyclopedia size. If humans were 'only' 4% different this still amounts to 120 million base pairs, equivalent to approximately 12 million words, or 40 large books of information. This is surely an impossible barrier for mutations (random changes) to cross" Dr. Don Batten, Ph.D.

Let's Compare:
    Evolutionism- Long ago and far away nothing exploded and everything came to be earth(0+0=1) was a hot molten planet and with millions of years of rained cooled down and created we became soup(proteins can’t form in water) and a miracle occurred that life came from non-life(never observed we have no proof of this and we can’t duplicate it but please have faith). A fish-like creator came out of a lake with lungs or gill(the jury is still out) had to find something to eat and had to learn how to see eat, smell, and mate(again no proof) and the princess kissed the frog and the frog through billions of years(using flawed dating methods, with numerous faulty assumptions) became man. That’s logical? I don’t have that much faith.

Creation- IN THE BEGINING GOD CREATED. Proof: The Holy Bible and everything we see, and observable science.
    I'll stick with The Creation Account.

I'm sorry your ridiculously strong faith in atheism has been misplaced, but don't let the facts stand in your way. Keep the faith and remember Darwin and Dawkins are so proud of you! lol

Can you handle the truth?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-You-Handle- … uth-of-God

I won’t respond today, but Have a Happy Thanksgiving you all!

1. profile image53

I do understand that everyone wants instant answers to all questions even when those answers are not readily available or simply haven't been found yet, but it certainly isn't a leap of intellect to invoke answers of invisible magical beings if you aren't satisfied with the unknown.

What do your calculations have to do with anything? Do they prove god exist?

So, essentially what you're saying, is that because scientists haven't been able to carry on an experiment for millions of years to demonstrate what has been underway for millions of years somehow invalidates what has been underway for millions of years?

You also clearly have no understanding of such processes.

Yes, I can also see how instant answers of magic to hard terrestrial questions would appease those who don't understand or refuse to understand. Well done.

9. profile image0
    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years ago

http://www.myspacegraphicsandanimations.com/images/funny-thanksgiving-turkey-cartoon2.jpg
    Enjoy your day!

10. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Anytime someone asks you to show concrete proof to somehow validate their faith, the argument is flawed and over. My question is who is trying to validate what in this ongoing insane discussion. What's the point in scientific proof when the religionists refuse to accept it every time? There are literally mountains of scientific data that would take months to compile and publish on this forum, but every single ounce of it would be unaccepted by the religious on here much as it has been for the past three months. Religion asks science for undisputed proof while providing none itself. On and on and on. Why does science need to prove anything to people that supposedly base their belief on faith? Where is your faith believers when you need science to prove you right? That's exactly what you are doing with arguments like these; asking science to prove your belief and justify your faith, that's ironic, and sad.

Insanity: repeating a thing over and over again while expecting a different result, ie... the God versus Science debate.

We are all insane! lol

1. profile image0
        Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To one degree or another it would appear. @ Mark, in your post lies the very example of my point. If you provide a fact that is true it will automatically be shot down by "literal believers", why? because it harms their stance and view and calls their motives and beliefs into question at which point they can either questions themselves and God, or question the facts, and we all know how that ends. Faith is a funny thing, I have watched as many new, and born again believers have gone out in the world to express their new faith and belief in the missions fields, only to collapse in two to four years as reality sets in and the burden of looking at the world through a bible tinted glass beats them down. I wish all you new believers luck as you set forth in your spiritual infancy, and hope as you grow your reason and temperance catch up to your zeal before reality smacks you to the ground.

Happy Thanksgiving Americans....see you all next week.

Thank You! Happy Thanksgiving.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well - I feel like I am helping whoever it is that hides behind the username thetruthhurts.

Clearly - he or she has discovered that scientific proofs contradict their beliefs. All the time they spend attacking science - they do not have to examine their beliefs.

Plus - as I keep trying to get them to understand - I am not talking to them. wink

These are open forums and any outsider looking in can only come to one conclusion. wink They are helping to eradicate their belief system. It may take generations but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

How long before human females start asking "do you believe in evolution" as a mating requirement?

Do you think we are all insane?

I think you are going to have to define, "sane," before I can answer that question.

And - I am off out - so Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. smile

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I adopted it while living in the US. It is like Christmas without all the religious crap and presents no one needs. wink

Me too!  The traditional gorging of food awaits, followed by a nap of course.  Happy Thanksgiving to All!

1. wyanjen profile image68
              wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All travelers, be safe.
              Don't drive like an idiot if you are in Michigan - I'm about to hit the road myself. Be nice to me.

Happy Thanksgiving!
            Main Entry: sane
            Pronunciation: \ˈsān\
            Function: adjective
            Inflected Form(s): san·er; san·est
            Etymology: Latin sanus healthy, sane
            Date: 1628
            1 : proceeding from a sound mind : rational
            2 : mentally sound; especially : able to anticipate and appraise the effect of one's actions

Do you accept the Einstein definition of insane?

2. profile image0

Oh evolution guy I'm not attacking science, evolution is a religion and you're a fundamentalist, just because you cannot answers questions regarding your religion, speaks volumes.

http://www.trueorigin.org/theobald1a.asp

Are you scared to answer me? Afraid to let the devil in?

3. wyanjen profile image68
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some of us already do that smile

lol lol lol lol lol

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I like snakes lol smile

How about sharing an apple with me, it'll make you smart!

12. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

I had a snake ask me directions the other day but I just ignored him.

13. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Could this be the answer to the thread question? That the fatal flaw in any "ism" or belief is that we are all insane!

14. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Actually, when I was a kid, the question of the creation was brought up to a Catholic priest. 'How could God create the whole world in one week?' the kid asked.
    Priest smiled and said, 'maybe God's weeks are a little longer than ours.' And so, the creation and evolution are the same thing.

1. profile image53

Actually, creation would be more along the lines of abiogenesis, not evolution.

15. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I saw something on TV about Simon of Peraea the other night. It gave me a lot to think about ...

16. Dickens007 profile image60
    Dickens007posted 14 years ago

God, where does he  come from and why did he make us, because if he created the universe who created him . mybe he came fom another dimension just a thought

1. profile image53

Interesting question. I've heard answers from theists that god is eternal, while on the other hand they continually reject scientific theories because they also claim there is no cause to the universe coming about on it's own.

So, what is the "cause" of god?

2. Jerami profile image60

I would think with all certainty that he would have come from a diffrent dimension. That is also where our afterlife will be. But only after we develop ourselves in a way that that is the kind of place that we will enjoy being. Different places in diffrent dimensions, The sheep and goats are separated to two diffrent places where they will both the happiest.
         Not exactly but something like that?  MAYBE????

3. Cagsil profile image71

These questions were specifically designed to give path for the 'god' concept to be. Ancient theologians constantly use the Why not ask Why? concept, so to gain support of whatever it is that they are endorsing. The 'greedy' people who support the 'church' continue this rampant line of B.S., so as to keep people from knowing or learning the truth.

Creationism is only supported by 'church' and those academics who know 'where their bread is buttered', so as usurp power, wealth and other things, at the hands of those who don't know any better.

That's it.

17. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i think of creationism  differently than that

18. profile image51
    kolakukuposted 14 years ago

All the religious books attest to fact that there is a creator. This creator is responsible for all creations. He is sovereign and does things the way He likes. He laid down the rules and meted out blessings for obedience and punishment for disobedience and such was held in the Adamic sin, - bringing an everlasting curse to man and; then the serpent's privileges withdrawn hence the serpent's power of speech lost forever. This is my understanding. This creator is GOD

19. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

The cheerleader has arrived!

20. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i would have raised hitler to be  a better person

do you really think that parents of criminals are to be blamed ??
      In all the cases ??
      What a preconcept !!

1. aware profile image67
        awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. Cagsil profile image71

And you know what aware- he might have been a better person, even with you as his provider. big_smile

lol
        Why are you so ironic, cagsil ?? You make me laugh so much ! lol lol

21. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

ohhps no i agree with you on that tantrum.

U  R aware ! big_smile

22. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i am a creator

23. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

humans all are

24. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

I don't get it.

25. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@ aquasilver

I could never  destroy my son /daughter in any way. Wouldn't give them in, no matter what.

That's all I have to say
    I'm not going to debate my beliefs or yours.

Fair enough, I never started the discussion anyway!

All I seek is the tolerance that you all demand.

BTW "I could never  destroy my son /daughter in any way." I have never said I could destroy my children either, my question was whether I would be a bad man for destroying Mrs' Hitler's little man.

26. tantrum profile image61
  27. thevoice profile image59
    thevoiceposted 14 years ago

God Jesus the holy spirit are holy human life truth birth life in all the world. The great human holy freedom of all human life on God earth is coming for all people.

New world faith is birth right of God blood of Jesus for the billions of God children in human hell on earth. this God earth humanity religions have plunders Gods earth children for to long
    God Jesus the holy spirit are human birth right in love of God in all nations on earth. The freedom of God people God earth is coming for all humanity. The sale killing starvation of human life has gone on for to long. 
      Happy thanks giving from birth right freedom life of God Jesus the holy spirit.  THe world of human life is God onm God earth time for us all top help free all God people on God earth

28. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

tool

29. Spaghetti Monster profile image59
    Spaghetti Monsterposted 14 years ago

Holy Linguini!

Who would have thought that my pondering little post could have unleashed so many responses!

Just goes to show that the piranha pond that is the hubpages religious forum is still ravenously hungry!

Plenty of pasta and meatballs at the table of the Flying Spaghetti Monster if you'd like to partake!

RAmen.

30. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

who is this mark knowles?

31. profile image0

snakes talk? lol

lol lol

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, they're called Politicians. big_smile

Politicians don't talk....they spew lies, spun to be truth. lol

1. profile image0

Spewing is a fairly accurate analogy. big_smile

2. tantrum profile image61

what's funny about that ? yikes
        thanks to the talking snake we're out of Paradise !

32. tantrum profile image61

lol lol lol

Hope they're ready ! lol

Ready and waiting, watching and praying, yet still trying to haul the last lost souls out of their rebellion.

that would be very wrong !
        I pass !

What would be wrong? - believers still trying or you taking up the offer?

Believers still trying of course!!
            what a question ! lol

Matthew 18:12

"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?

And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off.

In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

You see tantrum, we don't have an option, our Lord commands us to keep trying until it's too late for you to enter the sheep fold.

Sorry, I know you don't like that, but it's just how it is.

I'm not sorry!
                you're the one wasting your time !
                lol

33. tantrum profile image61

SO WHAT ?

34. profile image0

someone said attract lol

35. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

we still talkin creationism?

36. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

not if it's same lol

37. sooner than later profile image60

there are a lot more flaws than that, but that is a fair start.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image45

Yeah these are just the tip of the iceberg...

big_smile

Wow - now you have decided to educate us - where do it sez in teh bible wot the erf is a sphere? lol

Whatever Mark big_smile

Isaiah 40:21-23 (New International Version)

21 Do you not know?
                 Have you not heard?
                 Has it not been told you from the beginning?
                 Have you not understood since the earth was founded?

22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
                 and its people are like grasshoppers.
                 He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
                 and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

23 He brings princes to naught
                 and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.

Really? Rulers of this world to nothing ??
            where ?
            ask the citizens of U S A
            or Irak, Afghanistan, etc etc etc

Tantrum, stop digging, the hole is deep enough!

Any look at the last few centuries will show where God has reduced rulers to nothing, we are not talking about cash here, we are talking about power.

The fool exerts their authority without recognising that ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY belong to Christ.

God just levels the scoreboard when it suits the scenario, His scenario....

It looks his scenario is way out of his hands then !
                lol

lol lol lol

lol
                  as I say before, an 'scensrio' way out of his hands ! lol

Well that's a safe post to make Cags....and so meaningful and relevant!

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well - I was asking the General, but since you supplied it - Now I am confused.

I do not see the word "sphere" here. 

A circle is a two dimensional shape, and the rest of the passage rather confirms that viewpoint.

I would have thought a god as powerful as yours could have managed to be a little more clear.

No?

Does this constitute proof that the bible is total garbage because it cannot correctly identify the shape of the earth?

Works for me. lol

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GH< not yet sleeping Professor? hmmmmm, you get sleepless nights....3 am in the Philippines, you get sleepless nights defending your belief in GOD! mabuhay Ka......

38. GeneralHowitzer profile image45
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Here is one more slug:

Evolution cannot even explain the "Which Came First, Egg or Chicken" crap nyahahaha remarkable theory indeed...

1. aware profile image67
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

egg came first. dinos laid eggs before there were chickens

2. profile image53

The fact that evolution can indeed explain your childish rant would be sufficient enough for you to feel utterly embarrassed with your claim.

come out in the open then argue don't hide on a ghost account... you're the one that is childish... playing hide and seek...

This is not a claim and this egg and chicken crap is a chink in evolution's armor...

You are borrowing strength from cowardice...

1. profile image53

And, it's clear you're simply just trolling. You've already demonstrated you're not interested in evidence or discussion and are just playing childish games.

Actually 'Q' (whoever you really are) I've presented chapter and verse to two of Mark K's 'so give me proofs' and there have been no responses whatsoever, which is to be expected because this little gaggle of atheists are only instructed to disrupt, not engage in debates they must lose.

1. profile image53

I had a look back, is this the quote you refer?

"Isaiah 27 (King James Version)

Isaiah 27
              In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea."

That's one of them, thanks for looking back.

Apologies for slow response times, I'm making 14 kilos of seville orange marmelade... so have to keep dashing off!

1. profile image53

Well, I can't really see the similarities between dinosaurs and dragons. In fact, dragons were believed to exist back then, the fire breathing kind we see in movies like 'Shrek'. Is there some explanation that would direct your quote to dinosaurs?

No apologies necessary, sounds like fun.

First we only invented the name 'dinosaur' about 100 years ago, so that makes it difficult to correlate the two references, but having said that, the question was regarding 'dinosaur' being mentioned in the bible, well as the bible was written over a two thousand year period, and completed in the early part of the 1st century, the actual word 'dinosaur'would not appear, but the description fits at least in part to some varieties of 'dinosaur'.

It's a bit like in Ezekiel there is a fair description of an Apache attack helicopter, but Zeke would have no idea what God was describing when he was spoken to. He just took dictation.

Back to the marmalade, really sweet and at the same time bitter!

Then off to bed (I'm in Spain) back to answer further if needed, mañana...

39. sooner than later profile image60

i would agree with that aquasilver.

Yeah I believe in that too, History will tell us of how great, haughty and arrogant leaders were... seen crushing down to earth... because of God's providence...

Thank you....

40. profile image0

And God created Dinosaurs. lol

Where is your proof of that? lol

1. profile image0

He gave me a hand-written note. big_smile

Cool big_smile Please present it to the nearest religious crime lab for experimentation. lol lol

1. profile image0

And become a Saint? Nah, they kill their Saints, you know. big_smile

lol lol

Isaiah 27 (King James Version)

Isaiah 27
        In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

...keep digging Mark...

Keep digging your grave, aqua !
          lol

41. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i dont think god did

1. profile image0

Oh, he did. He told me.

lol lol lol

42. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I really dont want to believe that I came from monkeys, they are ugly...hmmmm, and smelly too...

But how come some people look like horse hehehe (just kidding), would they evolve from horse too... LOL

43. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

unique conditions spawned life i think

Life exists, because Earth evolved human life and the conditions for which they could live.

Yes, I'll agree.

44. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

why does god have to be a he?

1. profile image0

Or a she or a dog or a.....

45. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

back in the day when me and jesus use to go to school together.he once told me this while we were puken drunk. my mom cheated on god . actually im the mailmans kid

1. profile image0

Hi Aware. Help yourself to some coffee and donuts in the back of the room. big_smile

lol lol

and I know it's true, because I was there !
        big_smile

1. profile image0

Mom?

I didn't mean you to find it this way, darling !
            big_smile

1. profile image0

Therapy!!!Um, nah, Morphine!!!! big_smile

sad
                You don't like me as a mom ?? mad

lol lol lol lol

Even more intelligent contribution....

<snipped - no personal attacks in the Forums>

Thank you Cags... that arrangement suits me perfectly, you will stop making inane and senseless replies to me.

I like it! smile

1. sooner than later profile image60
              sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. caulfli profile image57
                caulfliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The fool has said in his heart there is no God.  Psalm 14:1a

46. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

thats the problem with the bible and other holy books their so out dated . i mean who uses a 1 ad version of the dictionary? or drives with a 1830s map?

Has human nature evolved?

You religionists are certainly doing your damnedest to make sure it doesn't.

Why is that?

why- do you want beastiality legal too?

What?

If you want - sure. As long as it is with consenting sheeple. Why not? lol

But once again - excellent diversion away from a point made.

you had a point. I missed it. K- back up and state it again, I will try to take it as serious as you do for other peoples 'point'.

boo hoo.

Have you noticed what 'human nature' has 'evolved' into? - and we couldn't do anything to stop evolution, if evolution were true, so the problem of man not 'evolving' must be on your side of the fence.

47. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

human nature ?

48. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

whats happening?

49. profile image0

That was nice. big_smile

50. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

sooner we cool?

yes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)