jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is good about the Diablo series?

1. Ironman1992 profile image61
    Ironman1992posted 5 years ago

What is good about the Diablo series?

Diablo 3 is about to be released, and I have been considering getting it, but I have not played the previous 2 games. What is the main appeal to this series? It looks similar to Blizzard's other games like World of Warcraft only with a strategy game camera view.

2. NidoNyte profile image60
    NidoNyteposted 5 years ago

Diablo is much more 'pick up and play' than WoW, and designed to be much more fast paced than the long level grinding of WoW. It has a very similar relationship to WoW as Borderlands has to Bioshock. It's meant for multiple people (it's an absolute blast with friends) and is akin to Borderlands as an absolute loot fest.

3. j-u-i-c-e profile image98
    j-u-i-c-eposted 5 years ago

Well, I wrote a fairly detailed review of the first one, but the short answer is that they're very easy to get into, have very addictive gameplay, and are very well balanced. They're probably not going to blow you away with story or gameplay variety -- they're not like straight-up RPGs -- but they're a fun way to while away some time. Plus they have strong multiplayer (or at least did, back in the day).

Unlike many of their imitators, the Diablo games tend to retain their challenge and hold your interest longer. Newer games may look better, but they tend to get boring faster. They're a little more 'old-school' and 'arcady' than WOW, which is more social and group-oriented, and have a much darker tone. They don't really play the same way at all. Personally, I prefer them over WOW, which is something I could never really get into. If you get D3 and like it, it's probably worth your while to pick up the previous games.

4. theflonga profile image58
    theflongaposted 5 years ago

Hack n Slash RPG game with insanely dynamic gameplay.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I'd turn you to Hubber j-u-i-c-e if you're looking for info on the series and its competition. But its mostly hack 'n' slash, with "pen 'n' paper RPG" elements. Mostly dungeon crawling and boss-fighting, the game has elements of other Blizzard titles involving massive-multiplayer, questing and strategy. ^^