jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are good card games to play with children to build critical thinking skills

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What are good card games to play with children to build critical thinking skills?

2. NidoNyte profile image60
    NidoNyteposted 5 years ago

You would be surprised how much the Pokemon TCG revs up children's processing, thinking and analytical skills; they comprehend higher strategy as the become adept at it and respond to every move.

Otherwise, try spades. That's some pretty intense thinking right there.

3. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I know there are many new types of games but I found children like many of the old favorites, like War, Go Fish, Rummy., Concentration and if they are young Old Maid. Older children can learn to play Hearts or Spades, which requires a little more thinking. Most of the card games I listed aren't going to teach them much, but the laughter and family time is so important.

4. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

A game I learned from my college friends is called "Thirteen." Here is a tutorial for it. http://www.wikihow.com/Play-the-Card-Game-13 It's pretty easy to learn and you can teach it to just about anyone. You can only play with four players but the rounds are short so the loser can tag out.

I taught this game to my 10-year-cousin so even young kids can learn it and enjoy it.

5. nisargmehta profile image82
    nisargmehtaposted 5 years ago

As I suggest Rummy and Poker May be 2 Essential Card Games which can be played with kids which will help them grow. Rummy Is Like a strategy game where you need to choose the right card for the Pair, This will Improve Strategic skills. Adding on,One should be prepared about what kind of cards he wants to get the best and soon...This will develop there planning and predicting skills. Poker on the other hand will be helpful as to develop risk taking skills, For example depending on the cards one can decide the power he holds in his hands and possibilities to explore new cards to drawn on board which will develop patience along with controlling expressions and emotions in anxious situations as well. These skill will be useful for their future growth as a businessman or a Management Personnel.
    However, I would like suggest you to control the times you play such games as it may turn into addiction and your kid will end up being bankrupt or immensely rich with aimless life which may lead to depression, possibly after you are long gone.

6. Deborah Minter profile image94
    Deborah Minterposted 9 months ago

Go fish and crazy eights is good for children to play... There is also concentration which improves memory.

working