jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How many people still play card games?

1. MountainManJake profile image88
    MountainManJakeposted 5 years ago

How many people still play card games?

2. ajwrites57 profile image84
    ajwrites57posted 5 years ago

Recently, I have played hearts and solitaire on the computer. I used to play these two card games as well as poker, cribbage, spades, gin rummy, 500 bid, pinochle and probably few more forgotten favorites (Old Maid, Go Fish?). I've played solitaire with real cards about 3 months ago but I haven't played with real cards in maybe three years!

1. MountainManJake profile image88
      MountainManJakeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's kind of sad!  I am in the process of making a card game.  You'll see it on Kickstarter next year!

2. ajwrites57 profile image84
      ajwrites57posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good Luck with your project. I do miss sitting around the table playing cards.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I do whenever I get the chance. I have several decks of cards, including Uno, Phase Ten and Skip Bo. My favorite regular games are spades and canasta.

4. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I do, with family and friends for no money! We play a Spanish game called Caca which is good fun, an invented game called Spank which I might make into a hub one day, and the usual English games of Rummy, Knockout Whist and occasionally Newmarket.
    I love the feel of a good quality pack of playing cards.

5. ExpectGreatThings profile image83
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 5 years ago

My family loves playing card games! We play pitch every time we get together. My children are now old enough to play Go Fish and Crazy 8s. Does Dominion count as a card game? We have game nights frequently, and lately this has been the game of choice.

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Apple's to Apple's, Solitare, and Go Fish. None of the others. My family all bug me to play the family card game, but I have refused for all my life and will not give in now.

working