jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you do to unwind after a long tiring day?

1. arrowgreen profile image58
    arrowgreenposted 5 years ago

What do you do to unwind after a long tiring day?

it's monday, the week just started but already, you feel burned out.  what do you do get energized or at least release stress?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 5 years ago

I craft smile. I make custom beaded micro-macrame jewelry, which basically just started out as a biological imperative -- it's my occupational therapy, and somewhat hypnotic for me when my mind isn't in a good place. The nice thing is that I decided to start applying marketing concepts to it, and now it's starting to generate a nice bit of income aside from my normal writing, and it's the stuff I PREFER to do after the work day. Sometimes I'll watch a movie with the family while I work on my latest project, or in nice weather I'll work on it outside at the picnic table where I can watch the birds. My husband pretends it drives him nuts, but he's learned to just leave my craft desk alone and let me do my thing tongue.

arrowgreenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

well, i think we all need to find our own occupational therapy to keep our minds off our daily stress factors.  informative and helpful. thanks wychic.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Watch a movie with my special other, drink some hot chocolate or warm tea, read one of my favorite books, look at my achievements on the wall, eat some takeout chinese or ChickfilA for dinner, etc.

arrowgreenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

achievements on the wall? i think i need to try that one.  a constant reminder of what i have achieved rather than looking at what's making me down at the moment.  thanks lburmaster.

4. jenniferg78 profile image59
    jenniferg78posted 5 years ago

Go to the gym, read a book, watch a movie, go out for a nice dinner. This lists just a few of the "chill out" regimes that I like to partake in.

working