jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

D&D Players- Which version do you prefer?

1. Porshadoxus profile image79
    Porshadoxusposted 5 years ago

D&D Players- Which version do you prefer?

Original, Advanced, 2nd Edition, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0. Keep Pathfinder out of the question.

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

The original................................................................................

3. Vborrows profile image66
    Vborrowsposted 5 years ago

I started with 3.5 and have had no reason to wish to switch. The 4.0 version tries to hard to mimic World of Warcraft while the earlier versions are far too complicated for me. I can understand why players who started with the earlier versions want to stay with the earlier versions. It would be hard to stop thinking about all the different elements required in say the 2 edition D&D.

4. Dreamhowl profile image98
    Dreamhowlposted 5 years ago

I've only ever played since 3.5 so I can't speak for the earlier versions, but I currently play 4.0. At first the changes from 3.5 to 4.0 bothered me - I had a sorcerer in 3.5 who was probably the most awesome (but intricate) character I have played, due to having a focus on summoning with wild soul prestige, and other little things. When I played 4.0, I saw a lot of that excitement and detail go away for me. I hold nothing against 4.0, but think I miss 3.5 more often.

5. Vladd profile image62
    Vladdposted 5 years ago

I am old school, I started playing AD&D back in the mid 1980s the few times I play it today we dust off our old books and use that version.