jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What are the best board games that you grew up with?

1. aviannovice profile image91
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

What are the best board games that you grew up with?

2. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

Life and Monopoly were big in my childhood home. I still love Life as much as I did when young. In college I was a dorm director and instituted "Midnight Monopoly" on Fridays after classes. It would start at 8 pm and lasted anywhere from 4 to 12 hours! Our longest single game went from midnight to 8 am when it was voluntarily ended. Thanks for the memories!

aviannoviceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A monopoly tournament!  I love it.  I think I played Life with some of my friends.  Another friend had "War".

3. gail641 profile image70
    gail641posted 5 years ago

I grew up with monopoly. We didn't have a lot of board games, but there was a Ouija board in the home for awhile until it got broke and was thrown away. I liked the monopoly board game the best. The Ouija board was kind of spooky. I knew some people who had shoots and ladders, etc...they had lots of board games. I used to play shoots and ladders with them sometimes.

I liked monopoly, too.  I also had parcheesi, chess and checkers, and when I was really little, I had Candyland.

4. profile image0
    Sueswanposted 5 years ago

The best board games I grew up with were Monopoly, Snakes & Ladders, Trouble and Uncle Wiggly.

Oh, I remember Trouble!  What about Operation?

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Clue and Apples to Apples. Though it was a family game, clue always came down to my dad and I facing off to see which one of us would get the answer first. In Apples to Apples, it was a game of who got which card because we liked to play that they described us. It's a game of how well do you know your family members.

I recently played Apples to Apples.  The same family has In a Pickle.  Ever play Scrabble?

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes. We constantly play Scrabble but there are always two dictionaries around.

6. victoria1800 profile image82
    victoria1800posted 3 years ago

The best board game I remember playing from a young age was Monopoly. We played it a lot until one Christmas someone brought me a board game called Pay Day and that kind of took over as my favourite.

aviannoviceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have played that one, too.  A friend recently got a number of old board games, including electronic Battleship.  Remember that one?

working