What games do you still play from your childhood?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Tinsky profile image92
    Tinskyposted 13 years ago

What games do you still play from your childhood?

Do you still play any board games, card games, computer games or role-play games that you enjoyed playing as a child or teenager?  Why do you think they still appeal to you as an adult?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4548567_f260.jpg

2. winepress profile image60
    winepressposted 13 years ago

I have a lot of games, chicken invaders - amazing graphic
    Vcop -  amazing graphic and fowl words.

3. rahuld123 profile image41
    rahuld123posted 13 years ago

hmmm nice question i am playing cricket from my chilhood and very good bats man ever

4. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

I still play most of them (i.e. Uno, Trouble, Go Fish, Monopoly, etc.), as well as outdoor games like tag, frisbee, and hide-and-seek...but then, I can't say that they necessarily appeal to me as an adult, I'm just the mother of a 5-year-old and he loves them. He loves them even more when mommy plays too smile.

5. photographybyar profile image82
    photographybyarposted 13 years ago

I love playing games from my childhood. I like to play the usual games like scattegories, taboo, uno, jenga, and monopoly. One really fun game that I used to play when I was younger was what I call the "ABC" game. As a family we did a lot of traveling back and forth to L.A. because of my sister's illness so we had a lot of time to kill riding in the car. What we would do is as we went down the road we would start with the letter "A" and find something that began with it. Then we moved on to "B" and so on. Sometimes with letters like "Z" and "Q" it would take awhile to find objects so the game could sometimes last all the way to Los Angeles. :-)

6. mark h. profile image59
    mark h.posted 13 years ago

I still have some of my old board games, but my back hurts and I can't them out from under the bed. The game of LIFE. Monoply, chess, checkers, pick up sticks, and thwiddle my thumbs, I always win that one.....

7. Variety Writer profile image60
    Variety Writerposted 13 years ago

Life, Monopoly, Crazy 8's, Rummy, Checkers, Sorry, and a few other card games.

8. Docmo profile image91
    Docmoposted 13 years ago

I still love playing the old classics- scrabble, monopoly, cluedo and trivial pursuit.

They are lot of fun especially as a family. I recently played card games with my two brothers and we had an absolute hoot.

9. profile image56
    jbsilverposted 13 years ago

As a child I grew up very poor. We didn't have board games so we made up our own. One game we played we called I SEE and what you had to do was find something obsure that you see, discribe it vaguely and challange who you're playng with to find it. After a certain amount of guesses( choose how many guesses each person gets in the beginning of the game)you have to give hints which direction its in, about what its doing, what color it is or how big or small it is . While you're looking for your object the others have to turn away so they don't know which direction your object is in. if no one can find it you have to point it out and you get another turn. If some one finds it its their turn. Its fun, easy, no cost,  interesting, can be done anywhere and you get to see things others see that you might not notice. I haven't played for a while because its hard to find someone else to play with.

10. lookatmenow profile image61
    lookatmenowposted 13 years ago

Ahh well the wii has all the games i played on the virtual console.  All the mario games! and zelda

and board games, monopoly and life

11. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 13 years ago

I love to play with my kids at the park; but, inside I'm all about Connect Four (I'm red every time)!

12. drdspervez profile image70
    drdspervezposted 13 years ago

The game I still enjoy playing includes ludu and scrabble.

DR. DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

13. profile image0
    mommyloves2writeposted 13 years ago

The Game of Life-the 1960's version.  My younger daughter and I play it all the time!

14. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 13 years ago

Chess or Indonesian call it "Catur" and my native language - Minankabau call it "Catue",  because chess can be played by all ages; children, teenager, adult, old man; man as well as woman. And, this game is also known by almost all peopla from the whole world. It is not boring, although we only play several pieces on the board.
          Beside that, I also still like playing domino. It is also enjoyable, even, in some condition, it is more enjoyable than playing chess, because there is so much fun in this game; in chess, we only play the game in two, meanwhile domino can be played by four players.

15. marketingskeptic profile image69
    marketingskepticposted 13 years ago

Sometimes when I'm bored I play Life, Monopoly, and Uno with my friends. I guess they still appeal to me as an adult since they're great for killing time and reminds me of being a child.

16. DatChicLeeLee727 profile image61
    DatChicLeeLee727posted 13 years ago

I still like to play truth or dare. I like daring people to do crazy things, but I can never come up with a good question for the truth part.

17. sturner1 profile image60
    sturner1posted 13 years ago

checkers, yahtzee, dominoes, and uno are my fab four lol

18. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

I still enjoy most board games from my childhood--love playing them with my grandchildren.  One game I do not enjoy any longer is Candyland--that game goes on forever and I worry I will die of boredom and my grandkids will have to shove Nana's corpse under the table to finish the game.

19. fallenpixie09 profile image60
    fallenpixie09posted 13 years ago

I still play Super Mario Bros for the Super Nintendo and the Atari...I don't mind a fierce game of Uno now and again either smile

20. Scorpio21 profile image77
    Scorpio21posted 13 years ago

I still play chess and some old computer games I used to play e.g. zelda, mario, other random games. Cluedo can still be fun.

21. gypsumgirl profile image71
    gypsumgirlposted 13 years ago

As a form of entertainment, playing games has been around in existence for many centuries.  The very first record of gaming dates back to 3000BC with evidence found for the Royal Game of Ur.  Also in that same century, Egyptians started playing... read more

22. profile image0
    thescriberatposted 13 years ago

I play the occasional round of Monopoly or Uno, but generally I like to try new board and card games.  When I was a child I made up a lot of adventure board games and pen and paper RPG's for all of my friends to enjoy.  I wish I still had all those materials.  I'm sure the games weren't nearly as fun as I remember, but it would've been neat to see my childhood handy-work.

23. Christian H. profile image60
    Christian H.posted 13 years ago

Got a bunch of old video games I still love to play.  My favorite is still Chrono Trigger.

24. CharlesWells profile image60
    CharlesWellsposted 13 years ago

Chess, Monopoly, Rook, checkers, caroms, Risk, Scrabble, Star Fleet Battles, Othello, chinese checkers.

25. Sam Montana profile image81
    Sam Montanaposted 9 years ago

I still play Scrabble. I would love to play Monopoly again if I could find anyone to play it with. And I would love to play Cribbage again, but I don't think I remember how to play it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)