What do you collect?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)
  1. TheKatsMeow profile image89
    TheKatsMeowposted 10 years ago

What do you collect?

Do you have a hobby that involves collecting? I want to hear about it.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I collect hard rock and heavy metal CDs - last time I counted, I was up to about 800 of 'em.

TheKatsMeowposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Holy cow! that's impressive!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've been collecting for 20 years... yet I know guys who have three or four times that many ... I guess I'm pickier than some folks about what I keep smile

3. profile image0
    Write to Inspireposted 10 years ago

I collect postage stamps and old books. I have been collecting for some time the stamps was something me and my father did while he was alive and I do it today for relaxation. I am a writer so I love old books will go to garage sales and flea markets to get them.

I also frequent flea markets and garage sales, I started at a young age with my parents. There is something about collecting that takes me back to when I was very young. Thanks for sharing your hobbies smile

4. M. T. Dremer profile image84
    M. T. Dremerposted 10 years ago

I collect quotes. Most of the time they come from fiction novels I'm reading. I'll see something that is powerful, even out of context, and I'll write it down. Sometimes I'll take them from posters and online signatures, but I try to keep my collection as organic as possible (as opposed to copying them out of a quote book). It surprises me how many great quotes Mark Twain wrote in his day.

That's really interesting, I have never heard of anyone doing this, and it's such a wonderful thing to collect. Thanks for sharing!

5. galleryofgrace profile image72
    galleryofgraceposted 10 years ago

I collect postage stamps , coins, old postcards, old maps and antiques. My main collection is books. Probably have a couple thousand books.  Not much luck selling them.  I  just can't pass up an old book especially pre-1960's.

Wow it sounds like you collect tons of things! I know what you mean about selling stuff. I have a few stamps that I know are worth something, but I just can't bring myself to sell them.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

I collect scrapbooking and art supplies and then share them with my grand children for their projects.

Every time I go to the scrapbook store, I end up buying stuff in the sale section. I have tons of paper, stamps and ribbons, I need to do more with them. It's great you have people to share your collection with!

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have more than enough paper but I end up checking out Amazon or BlueMoonScrapbooking.com and always find something or more paper I need. What are your favorite brands? I love Graphic45, Basic Grey and K and Company.

7. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 10 years ago

I have a tendency to collect stickers. I think it goes back to childhood.
    We really had to hand draw everything and I'm not an artist.
    I like using stickers to draw or doodle with and if anyone needs them they know where to get them.
    There are still some from the' 80's in their original package.
    I use them for special events.
    Even if I don't use them now I know they are around.
    There are stickers for everything.

I used to collect stickers! I should get back into that, it was a lot of fun! thanks for sharing, I wish I could see your collection, maybe you could make a hub about them?

8. agapsikap profile image59
    agapsikapposted 10 years ago

I collect punchers of different designs and sizes, and also angel cheeks figurines. I have mini tools and scissors collections. I have fun using them in projects and I'm collecting different brands. I don't want to sound grumpy but I just can't let anyone use it especially without permission. Ooops, Sorry!

Lol I know how you feel about letting other people use your things. I think your collection sounds interesting, I have never heard of that before and I am more curious about it now smile

9. Kevin Peter profile image60
    Kevin Peterposted 10 years ago

I like collecting quiz questions. I have a huge collection of such questions.

I collect trivia games, but I think your quiz questions collection sounds more efficient. You must be very good at trivia!

10. Grab a Controller profile image60
    Grab a Controllerposted 10 years ago

I collect snowglobes. I love looking into them and seeing a separate world inside with falling glitter or snow. It always makes me feel better when I am having a tough day. I especially love the ones with a music box crank on the bottom.

Pretty cool! You are right: snow globes are very beautiful. It sounds like you have a wonderful collection of them smile

11. profile image48
    K SHILPAposted 10 years ago

I collect old photographs and post cards.i also love to collect people`s emotions and expressions in my photographs which i click.

It sounds like you have a lot of interesting things. Photographs are an awesome thing to collect, especially if you have a great imagination.

12. kimosteen profile image61
    kimosteenposted 10 years ago

I collect giraffes figurines, mugs and photos. I like the elegance and stateliness that giraffe's exude. I think they are beautiful animals. My favorite giraffe figurine is one my husband made and painted for me. I also have some towels and washcloths with giraffes on them. One of my favorite shirts has a giraffe print, and my wallet has a giraffe print. I don't overdo my collection, but I do appreciate a pretty and unique giraffe when I see one.

That's awesome! Giraffes are amazing creatures. I sort of have the same thing going on with horses, although like you said, I try not to overdo it. It's pretty easy to get carried away when you collect something animal related.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)