What games do you look forward to on the next generation of consoles?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image76
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 10 years ago

What games do you look forward to on the next generation of consoles?

The Playstation 4 has advertised itself in newspapers recently, and the XBOX One has made radical changes to its policies. The time is coming for many to make their final decisions on what consoles to buy, but there's no point in having one if you don't like the games. Out of the games that have been revealed, which ones do you plan on getting, or which ones would you like to see on these new consoles? I'm not much of an AC fan, though Black Flag has me intrigued, and Tom Clancy's The Division and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. What're your personal choices?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8142856_f260.jpg

2. JohnTheNetGuy profile image60
    JohnTheNetGuyposted 10 years ago

For me The Division was my highlight from E3. Looks superb and it s anew and interesting format to have an mmorpg within this action shooter genre. Truly next gen.

I can understand you not being a big AC fan, it's a love it or hate it kind of deal. I myself love the series so that's another title I greatly look forward to.

JohnGreasyGamerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately I've just learnt that Ubisoft aren't gonna make The Division an offline game in the slightest, which is a shame because Clancy's writing is superb. As for AC, I just don't feel as though it remains true to 'source material' ^^

3. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 10 years ago

Splinter Cell: Blacklist has me intrigued too. I also like the look of Watch Dogs and Infamous: Second Son. In terms of games I hope to be released on the new consoles... wishlist perhaps... a new Devil May Cry, Just Cause 3, Persona 5, Virtua Fighter 6 and maybe, just maybe, a return for Onimusha or Shadow Hearts.

4. sujithbeta profile image61
    sujithbetaposted 10 years ago

Watch Dogs. The graphics of this game looks real.

5. Willsummerdreamer profile image65
    Willsummerdreamerposted 10 years ago

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Super Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS, next gen Zelda, The New Zelda 3DS game (I forget what it's called), Destiny, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Persona 5 (which is in development) and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

6. Chris Qu profile image75
    Chris Quposted 10 years ago

Cautiously optimistic about Final Fantasy XV. I'm beyond stoked for Kingdom Hearts III. Persona 5 and a new Zelda... Well, no information's out on them. But they'll both be Triple-A titles for sure. I'd buy a Wii U for a Zelda game.

If Ubisoft would make Beyond Good and Evil 2, I'd be absolutely ecstatic. But it seems like the only thing they give a damn about any more is milking Assassin's Creed like it's the town's only cow. I'm starting to take it personally though, after this past E3. They teased it on their Facebook page, then... nothing. That's just rude. -_-

JohnGreasyGamerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ooh, a Beyond Good and Evil 2 would be awesome! But the milk is running dry with AC, and many critics are seeing it for what it really is, so a new cow will be needed to milk ^^

7. Dvd Zermeno Perez profile image85
    Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 10 years ago

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag, I need it because the last one (AS3) was a real disappointment for me, and I want to clear my future expectations of the company. Also I want to play Kingdom Hearts III because I'm a real fan of the series and I Love all the Koei Games: Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors.
    For the PC I'm expecting the Last part of the Trilogy of Starcraft 2: The legacy of the Void and in the MMORPG I want to play Elders Scrolls Online.

8. TNT Husky profile image65
    TNT Huskyposted 10 years ago

I'm hoping to see some good indie titles. That octodad and Transistor really interested me when I saw them at the E3 conference. I also hope to see Nintendo make another bound back up from the dirt with the WiiU. They were able to turn the 3ds around, and they seem to have a similar Idea with the WiiU. I don't think anyone should be calling it dead just yet. I also saw this game called "cube world" which I hope either comes to consoles, or a miracle happens and I can truly afford a gaming PC to get it...c'mon, consoles!

9. EJ Lambert profile image73
    EJ Lambertposted 10 years ago

I may be alone in this but I really want to see what happens with the mythical worlds of Dragon Age.  That's why I'm looking forward to see Morrigan back in action in Inquisition.  It looks like it will be as dark, sexy and ferocious as ever.

10. CrescentSkies profile image64
    CrescentSkiesposted 10 years ago

None of them, all the next gen consoles are pretty much garbage so I'm not purchasing any of them (especially ps4 with it's dedicated "annoy the hell out of your friends" button).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)