jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you have any special memories tied to a certain video game?

1. TNT Husky profile image70
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

Do you have any special memories tied to a certain video game?

One reason many people play video games is because of the memories connected to them. Do you have a special memory that involves a video game? whether it'd be a big success, or a touching loss, what is one memory that you hold dear involving video games?

2. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 4 years ago

My special memories of a video game, Super Mario, are when my kids were very young they played it. They laughed a lot, couldn't really make it work, kept missing the jumps..thought it was really funny. They made me laugh too. Of course, they got better as they became older. Another one is Pac Man, reminds me of when my husband and I were dating. What is your special video game, TNT?

TNT Huskyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I could think of several games that hold memories for me. my greatest memory has to be when I first started playing Crash team racing with my father and mother when I was young. We would all just sit by the tv and pass the controller around.

2. lupine profile image74
      lupineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like lots of fun...great memories.

3. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

One of the ones that first came to my mind was playing Mario Kart 64 with my Dad which I always enjoyed and loved that he never tried to let me win and was rather good at it.

I also have fond memories of playing Worms Armageddon with 3 mates back at uni on a Dreamcast where we really had some good times forging temporary alliances and then backstabbing each other:-)

Ah, those were the days. easing your friends into your side, then slamming them into a wall (well, metaphorically speaking in your case)

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

A lot of mine come from general gameplay and nostalgia with Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. One of my favourite moments was easily beating Nitrous Oxide in Crash Team Racing as Cortex, though I tend to feel good reminiscing about beating Komodo Joe in CTR, mostly because I can't do it now.

Other memories include reloading save after save with Mass Effect 2, getting the perfect ending and finding myself flooding the room with tears of both joy and sorrow. Though my favourite of all was the day I met my partner in WoW and even more so asking her out.

I have too many to tear out of the catalogue of 'John's Video Gaming Memories', but I know for a fact I have far more than most who dare call themselves "Gamers". Do you have any in particular besides the one you shared with lupine? ^^

tons. Actually, like you, if not for games, i never would have asked my lady out. another big one for me was when my dad bought me crash bash for my birthday. we played it to death, but never unlocked anymore than one extra mini game

working