jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What is your most expensive hobby?

1. Dantex460 profile image60
    Dantex460posted 4 years ago

What is your most expensive hobby?

2. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image86
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

Even though I'm not as involved in it now as I have been, I'd probably have to say that my most expensive hobby is opera. It almost scares me when I think just how much money I've spent over the years buying music scores, CD recordings, video recordings, and tickets to live events (not to mention the money my parents spent on my voice lessons). However, it is something I love, which I find beautiful and which gives me a lot of enjoyment and peace. I feel that very little of the money I spent was wasted (although there were a few recordings and performances that were really bad!).

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I used to do a lot of scrapbooking and I got into collecting supplies whether I would use them or not. I have slowed down on that now because it seems a waste to buy supplies and just hoard them.  So I have been gleaning supplies out - but it can get quite expensive.

4. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

Most definitely Gaming. Been buying games and consoles since I was 9 years old and I don't even want to think of what the total cost would be. It's something I really enjoy though and got some great memories with friends, my Dad and generally speaking too from it.

5. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

My most expensive hobby would be my gardening. I seem to keep buying so many plants and flower seeds when I see them in the garden centre and any plant that I fancy but I don't mind as I enjoy planting and eating them or just looking at the flowers give me so much pleasure.

1. Souther29 profile image80
      Souther29posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You probably know this but taking cuttings of plants would save you a bundle of money:-)

6. Chris Qu profile image95
    Chris Quposted 4 years ago

For a long time, it was video games. Now, I think it's Magic the Gathering. I felt dirty the first time I spent over $100 for a piece of cardboard... but I love the feeling of formal, structured, competition. It's thrilling to me.

7. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I would say films, but I don't have a very huge collection, nor the money to fill it :-D

8. davidlivermore profile image98
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

Tough choice... gaming is a big one.  But as far as collecting, I would say collecting decks of playing cards.  The collection never ends as there are always new decks to buy.  Some are cheap, but some could be over $10!

9. Cthomas92 profile image60
    Cthomas92posted 4 years ago

Japanese anime/Tokusatsu merchandise. It's one that I advise only to get into once and a while and/or if you have a lot of money to back you up.

working