jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

If you attended a taping of the Antiques Roadshow, what did you bring for the ex

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 4 years ago

If you attended a taping of the Antiques Roadshow, what did you bring for the experts to appraise?

• How did you obtain the items?—Handed down in your family, garage sale, antiques dealer, dumpster, etc.?
    • What did you learn about your items? Did you receive information about the history of what you brought?
    • Did you appear on television?
    • If you had a second opportunity to attend a taping and have items appraised, would you do it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8624087_f260.jpg

2. Denise Handlon profile image91
    Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago

Gosh, what a great question(s), Daisy.  I have never been to an actual appraisal, however, I've watched the show on television and it is fascinating. 

If I were to attend an appraisal, I would bring several of my parents old books.  I have no idea if they are rare copies, however, it would be fun to hear about the books, the publishers, and the value, if any.

Daisy Mariposaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Denise, I attended an Antiques Roadshow appraisal event this past summer in Anaheim, California and am currently writing a Hub about the experience.

3. Sunshine625 profile image93
    Sunshine625posted 4 years ago

I never had a chance to attend the Antiques Road Show, but if I ever do I would bring a cigar stand that I have from back in the day when my father owned an antique store. I haven't had it appraised, but I do know what it is and it's still in great condition for it's age and travels. I use it as a table stand near my front door.

Daisy Mariposaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Linda, have you found photos online of similar cigar stands?

working