jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favourite place to purchase video games?

1. SimilarSam profile image76
    SimilarSamposted 3 years ago

What is your favourite place to purchase video games?

I'm personally a Steam and GOG type of purchaser and always get my games through there (I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in ages!) although I think that is mostly because I'm not playing anything on console at the moment.

How about everyone else? Physical copy? Steam? GOG? Origin?

2. goatfury profile image90
    goatfuryposted 3 years ago

I only really like 8 bit Nintendo games. I use an emulator; it's awesome and plays the actual cartridges themselves. I even have to blow on them to get them to work sometimes.

3. GiftsByDiana profile image40
    GiftsByDianaposted 3 years ago

I've never heard of any of those - LOL
    I still have my old Nintendo 64 and that's enough for me.
    I haven't played in years as I just have too mush to do, but do miss it.

4. Link10103 profile image77
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

I have had consoles all my life, so as far as that goes I go with Gamestop. Personally, I have never seen how they rip everyone off compared to other retailers like Best Buy and even Wal Mart now.

I know I can just as easily sell my game for oodles of cash online rather than trade it in at Gamestop for a few bucks of credit, but selling it online requires waiting when trading it in at Gamestop is instant. If I had a collection of games, as well as the patience, I wouldn't mind selling online, but I dont so I dont.

I am in the market for a PC as of late, so I imagine I will be buying a number of things on Steam if a physical copy of the game is not possible. As much as I love the ease of digital downloads, physical copies makes me feel more secure.

5. ilikegames profile image81
    ilikegamesposted 3 years ago

I'm definitely a Steam addict (especially during sales), I can't remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a game since I'm mostly a PC gamer.

6. micko27 profile image78
    micko27posted 3 years ago

Most popular are for sure steam and origin. So I think whichever you choose is good choice. But I think that origin is much more funded bu BIG companies so by time I think that platform will win the race.

7. profile image0
    Jacobb9205posted 2 years ago

The Xbox store as I like to keep my games digital as they're there forever

working