10 Unknown Health Benefits of Honey
Honey can save you a whole lot of money that would have been spent on hospital bills see how...
The never ending uses of honey in medical parlance goes to show the potential health benefits of honey in treating various health disorders. Honey I have always asserted remains one of the most out standing wonders of nature known to man:
For those who don’t how to obtain this wonderful oil of life, I’ll just explain it in brief, as my main focus is the health benefits one gets form using honey. Well pure honey is obtained domestically or in the wild from bees. This is the sticky brown-colored deposits that these bees expel from their bodies overtime
Now to the crux of the matter: the health benefits of this sweet smelling substance as an elixir in treating various ailments pervading the human body are as explained below, just join me
a little honey in the home can save a little money in the home and keep the doctor away!
The health benefits of honey as as follows...
1) HEALING OF WOUNDS: though most people honey is used only for its nutritive values, they are still yet to realize the efficacy of this substance in healing wounds and scars. For this purpose honey is used in treating various clinical conditions ranging from gastro intestinal tract (GIT) problems, ophthalmic conditions (relating to the eyes, or located in the region of the eye): because of its soothing properties it is used on burns and open wounds
2) SURGERY: Based on its rapid healing effects, honey has been used and is still being used in many surgical operations. For example it has been used as a barrier against tumor implantation in laparoscopic ontological surgery ( a kind of surgery which involves the examination of the internal organs of the abdomen using a laparoscope)
3) MOUTH DISEASES: For mouth diseases like gingivitis (swelling of the gum) and other periodontal diseases (relating to or affecting the tissues that surround the neck and root of a tooth): honey have been widely used to relieve dental diseases and disorders
4) AS AN ANTISEPTIC: one of the most prominent health benefits of honey that many experts in various branch of medicine will attest to is its antiseptic properties” no wonder it is used on open wound since it has the tendency of blocking the development of bacteria and other pathogens (something that can cause disease, e.g. a bacterium or a virus). It is also useful when cleansing or sterilizing of wounds and burns.
5) HEART REGULATION: from study, it has been recorded that honey speeds and regulates the heart beat. This is why it is administered to patients suffering from insomnia (inability to fall asleep or to remain asleep long enough to feel rested, especially when this is a problem that continues over time), constipation, neck pains etc; to aid in the body’s proper function
6) TREATMENT OF ULCER; ulcer both internal (a slow-healing sore on the surface of a mucous membrane, especially the membrane lining the stomach or other part of the digestive tract) and external (a suppurating sore on the skin that does not heal and results in the destruction of tissue): can be taken care of by the effective use of honey, this can be achieved through the harnessing of both the antiseptic and healing properties of honey to the latter.
7) RECUPERATION FROM ANAEMIA: it replenishes the iron content of the blood that was lost as a result of the anemic condition suffered by the body, which leads to a deficiency of red blood cells in the body
8) TREATMENT OF HANGOVERS: many people are yet to discover this, this is one of the health benefits of honey that we need to thank God for, and give some thumbs up for those who discovered it. it treats alcohol through the rapid metabolizing of alcohol.
9) JAUNDICE: when honey is processed and administered intravenously it helps fight jaundice: a skin disease condition that causes a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, tissues and body fluids
10) WEIGHT REDUCTION: Because of its high Glycemic Index (this is the measure of the effects of carbohydrates on blood glucose levels), it helps in reducing excessive weight which is initiated through a process called thermo genesis (the production of heat in a person's or animal's body by physiological processes, especially metabolic processes) which dissolves fat.
The nutritional and health benefits of honey are so numerous, so take my clue today, next time you see a bee, don’t kill it, just them get busy!
More health related topics
- 9 Health benefits of coconut water
Take my word, coconut water apart from water, happens to be one of the purest liquid known to man, and the health benefits of coconut water are so numerous: but I will just list out nine of them 1) ...
- Some Basic Health Questions Every Guy Must Ask His Lady
As a young man in a relationship, especially if it is a budding one and a relationship that will most likely end up with both partners walking down the aisle; it is very important that you get more personal...
- See how you can improve your life through healthy and natural dieting
How much weight would you like to lose, even if you are not that weighty; don't you think it will be great to still flush out some useless pounds and dangerous toxins from your body; and the best thing here is...
- Treating foot disorders
Why should we imbibe foot care practices? How do we treat our foot when infected with aliments? Then read on... The foot is one very important part of the body, and most often plagued with ailments of various kinds and degrees. This part of the body
other importance of honey will include...
- Honey has been found to be nutritional and according to Wikipedia
accounts; honey contains the following elements and compounds in
the rightful proportion which makes it rank high in nutritive value;
Typical honey analysis
Higher sugars: 1.5%
Its glycemic index ranges from 31 to 78, depending on the variety
Honey has a density of about 1.36 kilograms per liter (36% denser than water)
- Honey is also used in cooking and as a natural food sauce; Honey barbecue and honey mustard are common and popular sauce flavors. (Wikipedia.com)
- Honey is the main ingredient in the alcoholic beverage mead, which is also known as "honey wine" or "honey beer". Historically, the ferment for mead was honey's naturally occurring yeast. Honey is also used as an adjunct in some beers.(Wikipedia.com)
other health benefits of honey includes:
- Honey is used in the treatment of allergies like rhinoconjunctivitis (The inflammation results in the generating of excessive amounts of mucus, commonly producing the aforementioned runny nose, as well as nasal congestion and post-nasal drip source :Wikipedia.com).
- Honey appears to be effective in killing drug-resistant biofilms which are implicated in chronic rhinosinusitis (source: Wikipedia.com)