Best Tips for Getting a Better Good Night's Sleep Without Pills
A sound seven to eight hour sleep is all your body needs to recuperate from the day's wear and tear. But sometimes, stress tends to play spoilsport and rob you of this much required necessity, resulting in insomnia. This directly has a negative effects on your mind, body and you wake up the next day feeling groggy. Getting a good night's sleep is essential to the general as well as helping you to concentrate and just generally feel fit throughout the day. Not getting enough sleep is one of the most direct way that we self-sabotage our success and well-being. When we are better rested, we not only feel better but are also calmer, smarter, more rational and nicer to be around. So if you are struggling to get a good night's sleep then try this tips, trying these tips can ensure you a good night's sleep......
HERE ARE SOME BEST TIPS WHICH WILL REALLY HELP YOU TO GET A GOOD SLEEP :-
1. When you get into bed, make sure that it's comfortable. Keep a water jug at hand, an extra quilt and a pillow handy too. Avoid getting up frequently during night.
2. Try listening to soothing music before you hit the sack. This slows down your mental activity by relaxing your senses and it also De-stresses you.
3. Have a warm water bath. This relaxes your nerves. You can also add a few drops of aromatic oils for soothing effect. Burning a light-scented incense in a safe place also relaxes the body.
4. Tea and coffee an hour before bedtime is not a very good idea, as the nicotine and caffeine in them act as stimulants and keep your senses alert. Try drinking a glass of hot milk or hot chocolate instead.
5. Try to avoid doing activities like watching TV or eating in your bed. This stops the mind from associating bed with sleep.
6. Avoid watching television or working on your computer for long hours late in the night. Excessive exposure to the screen makes your eyes tired and it becomes more difficult to fall asleep. Also give your brain a break from mental and visual stimulation.
7. Dim the lights in the room, at least ten minutes before you plan to sleep. Wearing blinkers is not a bad idea either to block out the light. This prepares the brain and body for the resting mode.
8. Practice deep breathing. Concentrate on your inhaling and exhaling movements. This also helps to relax your body and prepares it for sleep. Also, try count till ten and backwards.
9. Before getting in the bed, do a little stretching by laying flat on the floor. Starting with the toes, work all the way up to your neck and fingertips. Tense your muscles and then relax them. Do it for about ten minutes.
10. Read a book that you don't find interesting. A yawn is guaranteed to follow. Instead, you can also take long walk around the house. And if nothing works, then force your mind to not sleep. This can bring sleep too.
- Tips For College Students To Stay In Shape, Healthy ...
Tips for students to enjoy college staying in shape like have fun with friends,eating at right time,NO to stress,be confident,control habits,know value of money
- How to Take Care And Clean Your Eyeglasses
Cleaning of eyeglasses regularly is mandatory so that they last longer. Avoid keeping on head, keep them always in hard case whenever you are not using them, remove using both hands. Make use of a tissue or soft cloth and soft tooth brush to clean fr
- Simple Daily Tips to Destress/Relax & Enjoy Everyday...
Relax and De-stress self completely by forgetting about work/things which gives you tension & enjoy every moment of whatever you do whether is work or cooking.
- Health Tips For Call Center Agents to Stay Fit And H...
To be focused, vigilant, attentive on work it is necessary that call center agents should take care of their diet & do not take any risks, stress & enjoy work