- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Which metabolism boosting foods will help you to lose weight?
What is metabolism, and how high metabolism helps you to lose weight?
Understanding how your metabolism works is one of the key factors to lose some weight. What is metabolism?
Simply put, metabolism is the way your body converts food into energy that keeps you moving, stay active all day long.
The higher the metabolism rate, the more calories you burn. The more calories burned, the easier it is for you to lose some weight. Your body needs foods just like cars that move because of the fuel.
If you fill in the fuel in your car more than the tank's capacity, the fuel will be spilled. The same analogy happens if you give your body excessive food, the extra calories will be stored as fat.
When you do not drive your car, the fuel will remain in the tank. If you do not practice, the extra calories in the body will remain in your belly.
If you are not getting enough fuel, which often happens when you follow a strict diet program, your body does not work the way it should be.
You will feel exhausted and unmotivated. There are metabolism boosting foods out there that you can consume on regular basis and help you to speed up your metabolism rate.
What are the causes of slow metabolism?
There are some factors that make the metabolism process in your body to become slower.
When you grow older, or gain some weight and perhaps consuming the wrong type of nutrition make your body metabolism rate to decline.
Other surprising factors you might need to know that slow metabolism:
- Alcohol – if you drink too much wine you will slow metabolism up to seventy percent.
- Not enough Caffeine – If you avoid coffee then your metabolism might be decreasing, caffeine can increase your metabolism rate up to five percent when consumed moderately.
- Lack of Vitamin D – you need vitamin D to help you to absorb calcium that enhances metabolism process.
- Not enough milk - calcium as mentioned above, plays an important role to accelerate metabolism inside your body
- Iron Deficiency - iron needed by your body to carry oxygen to the working muscles to help burning fats.
- Lack of Protein - protein can increase metabolism by 30% as it maintains healthier muscle.
Speeding up metabolism and burn those fats out off your belly
How to get fast metabolism? The more activities you do on daily basis the bigger chance for you to burn more fat.
In addition here are some other tips to increase your metabolism level:
- Drink more water, plenty of them. The more water you drink the better your body metabolism to perform.
- Get plenty of rest. Lack of sleep will disrupting body metabolism. You might need to get enough rest for at least about 8 hours at night.
- Burn fat by increasing your muscle mass. Developing muscle will burn fat slowly and continuously without any effort, so you might need to go to the gym now and lift some weights.
- Consume organic fat burning supplements. Check and consult your doctor for the safest fat burning supplements to increase your metabolism, reduce your appetite and help your body burn fat.
Finally eat more metabolism boosting foods and get healthier for the rest of your life
One of those things that will help you to maintain higher metabolism rate is to watch what you eat.
The more you eat high metabolism diet the better will be to maintain your ideal weight.
In order to help you to speed up metabolism, you can eat some of the following foods:
- Spicy hot foods – chilies and peppers that contain capsaicin can help your metabolism to work faster
- Green tea – not only because of its antioxidants and anti-aging benefits, green tea can also increase your body metabolism
- Chicken breast and other types of white meats like fish - will supply you with enough protein and promote lean muscle growth.
- Green vegetables – eat more high fiber and antioxidants source of foods such as spinach
- Apples and pears – eat one apple that is low in calories with the skin on will help you to cut weight
- Other high fiber food – brown rice in this case a fine example of food with higher fiber content just like oatmeal or whole wheat breads
- Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community!
Bodybuilding.com - The largest selection of Bodybuilding Articles, Exercises, Workouts, Supplements, & Community to help you reach your fitness goals!
- High-fiber foods - MayoClinic.com
Eating enough high-fiber foods? Find out the dietary fiber content of some common foods.
- Weight Loss & Diet Plans - Find healthy diet plans and helpful weight loss tools
From healthy diet plans to helpful weight loss tools, here you'll find the latest diet news and information
Other interesting hubs
- Do you know other uses of soybeans? One would be the production of soy trypsin inhibitor
Other than food sources do you know other uses of soybeans? One would be trypsin inhibitor that acts as preventive agents to stop insects from destroying crops. There are other uses of soybeans you might never heard of. Let’s find out!
- Green tea does it have caffeine that create the same...
Green tea does it have caffeine. Other than its health benefits, some people believe that green tea has caffeine, let's find out.
- What oxidants and antioxidants can do to your health...
What is oxidants? Another form of oxygen that cause damage to our health. Oxidants may also transform into free radicals that notoriously contribute to cancer. What can we do? At first we must be able to identify where do these oxidants come from and
- How antioxidants and oxidants affect your life?
What is antioxidants? Chemicals that can stop bad oxygen being consumed. This type of oxygen is the oxidant or the transformed oxygen, or the bad oxygen, that further can mutate into free radicals that causing cancers. There are a lot of antioxidants