Mrs Jil Manning profile image 84

I had a filling yesterday, my tooth is so sensitive today, is this ok?

i had some decay drilled out of my tooth yesterday and a deep cavity filled. when the anaesthetic wore off it HURT! the pain has dulled now but its sooo sensitive..is this ok? will it get better or do I have to return to the dentist (i'm such a coward I really don't like going to the dentist)

safiq ali patel profile image69

safiq ali patel says

Mrs Jil Manning profile image84

Mrs Jil Manning says

• Mrs Jil Manning profile image

Mrs Jil Manning 4 years ago

Here's another update! It didn't completely settle, and developed into intense periods of pain. On Christmas Eve, one week after the original filling, I had the tooth removed. It was not infected, but the nerve was dying due to the large filling..

• Mrs Jil Manning profile image

Mrs Jil Manning 4 years ago

Thankyou Duffsmom! Her office is closed tomorrow so it has a day to settle down then I will have to call on thursday...I don't want toothache over Christmas. I think the dread of it is worse than the actual visit most times!