To those who have sleep apnea, have you tried the new small, lightweight oral devices yet?

If you or a family member has sleep apnea, I am curious if you've tried the newer small, lightweight oral devices and, if so, how does it compare to the regular CPAC machine? My husband has sleep apnea and doesn't use his regular machine often as it is too cumbersome. I am trying to get him to try the new smaller oral device, but want to know how well it works from someone who has used it. Thank you for answering

no body profile image90

Robert E Smith (no body) says

Faith Reaper 19 months ago

Hi Robert, My husband has been on the regular CPAC machine for years too, but is bad about not using it all the time. It is cumbersome and I am used to the noise. I think he has the same kind apnea your wife has. That is why I wonder about the small

tsadjatko profile image86

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

Faith Reaper 19 months ago

Wow, TSAD, thank you for all the added information here and different options. Yes, he's changed a couple masks out to get a more comfortable fit. Thank you for the great answer and taking the time to answer.

JG Hemlock profile image82

JG Hemlock says

Faith Reaper 19 months ago

Hi JG, So does your friend use the new smaller device that fits inside your mouth? I do know how loud the old CPAC machine is. My husband sounds like Darth Vader breathing LOL.