jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Let's PONDER on THIS......

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8529497.jpg
    To those with Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science Degrees, have your career plans go as expected?  Did you achieve success in your chosen field and was that level of success beyond your wildest expectations?  Or did you flounder for years in less desirable jobs before having your desired career?  Did you regret not obtaining an advanced degree, such as a Masters of Ph.D?  Why?  Why not?

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have achieved a level of success  that I am happy with, but it took longer than it should have.  I have a Bachelors of Science and yes, I regret not going on to get a Masters.  I was sidetracked by marriage, foolish young woman that I was.  I considered returning for my Masters last year, but I felt the cost was not worth the potential increase in income, even though it would have been intellectually enriching.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are a very astutely intelligent woman.  One can always enrich oneself educationally by reading or from continuing education.   I detect a fierce entrepreneurial spirit in you.  However, I suggest that you get your Master's for the intellectual enrichment alone.

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
          PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is great advice.  And your observation about entrepreneurial spirit is quite astute.  I'll just leave it at that.  ;-)

working