jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Talking It Out

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image91
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12390697.jpg
    When things or situation cross that thin line from pleasure to pain it’s time to do something about it—even when it’s something as simple as vocalizing it. Sometimes, when something is spoken aloud; it seems less intimidating as when it is just a thought you are mulling around in your mind. Many times I have found that when I write what’s bothering me on paper or composing it in a MS Word document it becomes less fearful and more of an issue that can be handled.

Our minds can invent many scenarios which seems ever so fearful but when you write it down—say it aloud and actually “see” what’s bothering you it seems much more manageable. Have you ever tried “self-talk” and has it worked for you?

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very true. I've noticed this at the peak of frustration and stress I have to at least say something. I'm a pretty quiet guy, so this was something to get used to. I also write some stuff that gets it all out, as you say. It really does solidify and clarify the problem and is very helpful. Keeping it locked away makes it fester and creates confusion.

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image91
        Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Right you are!

2. Jacqueline4390 profile image91
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

When reading something that is written; it can obtain a different perspective. Especially, when you look at it as if it were someone else's words and not your own. We can be so close to a situation that it is harder to attain an objective view. This is why I write things down.

working