Would you wear a wearable designed to track air pollution?

1. Shogun profile image46
    Shogunposted 2 months ago

Pollution is a problem across the world. Obviously, some cities and countries are fighting a more difficult battle against pollution - and our health can be at risk. I ask this question because there are more products are joining the Internet of Things (IoT) connected fun, with a rather niche wearable unveiled during CES 2018.

The AerBand Research is designed to be a wearable air pollution detection and research device. It’s able to track real-time pollution levels and other airborne toxins.

Here is what Christopher Gavigan, AerNos Advisor, noted in a statement:

“AerBand Research is a breakthrough that will lead to better answers to the most urgent questions I’m hearing from parents everyday - what pollutants are we exposed to, what matters and how we avoid them. Air pollution monitoring today does not tell me what I’m breathing right here, right now. It significantly limits health research and our ability to take action. AerBand is about to change that.”

Expect the Aernos product to be available to all consumers in 2019 - and will begin shipping to select customers during Q1-Q2 2018.

Would you wear this? Does this type of connected technology interest you?

2. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 2 months ago

Why?  Why wear one?  It's not like I'm going to leave town if it shows something bad.  It could convince me to change where I live (easy for me - I'm retired), but pretty sure that anyone living in a high pollution area already knows it isn't healthy and choose to live there anyway.