jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why Are Women Nowadays Opting For Caesarean Birth?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Are Women Nowadays Opting For Caesarean Birth?

2. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 8 years ago

This is an important question and it has been an issue of debate for quite some time now. C-section-on-demand, as it is being called in some quarters, has been on the rise with more and more mothers opting (and sometimes demanding) to undergo them... read more

3. kbennett51770 profile image68
    kbennett51770posted 8 years ago

I didn't know ceserean sections were optional?  I have had four out of neccessity and I can promise you that they are most definitely not for wimps!  I went through labor the first 2 pregnancies and felt every contraction and I would have rather had the first two babies natural after all that work and pain I had to go thru!
    Those who have the opinion that c-sections are for wimps doesn't know what they are talking about and probably is a guy or has never given birth. 
    Whether you go natural or have a c-section its painful either way and sometimes you don't have a choice.  Giving birth is for warriors no matter how it happens.

4. FreeFla profile image59
    FreeFlaposted 8 years ago

Because it is predictable. Something they can control. It has a known beginning and end. It is heavily medicated. It does not change your sex life. It is easy on the baby. Women like to choose when they conceive so why not choose when they deliver?

5. ehollis profile image61
    ehollisposted 8 years ago

Because in modern day we don't have all the information necessary to decide what is best and many people decide for us in that moment what they believe is best and sometimes is more economic to have a cesarean than wait to give birth naturally that our body are prepare to do.
    This is a natural process, why do we have to control it?