jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to avoid sunburns

1. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

How to avoid sunburns

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

All my own advice and practices.  After all, a lady does have to keep up her semi-translucency....

3. natura profile image61
    naturaposted 8 years ago

Use aloe vera jell after baking. That will stop the burns from happening. But make sure you don't overdose yourself sun-baking. Sun-baking is dangerous.

4. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

The only real way to avoid sunburn is to protect the skin, either with light clothing or sun screen (with a sun protection factor right for your type of skin).

The hours from late morning until late afternoon are when the sun is highest, so it's particularly important to protect the sun during those hours.  Sun screen should always be reapplied after swimming.

A summer hat can prevent the scalp from burning. 

Fair-skinned people are at higher risk.  People who haven't had much sun exposure all Winter are as well.  Extra care should be taken to keep children protected with light cover-ups, hats, and sunscreen.

5. dana825 profile image57
    dana825posted 8 years ago

Big hats, sunscreen! Try not to lay out too much. I may be a little biased as I am insanely white and have no ability to tan, but I know how to avoid a burn. Neutrogena makes great sunscreen... I recommend their sunscreen over anyone else's.

6. profile image0
    roddmaposted 8 years ago

The rays are strongest between 10 am and 2pm so try to avoid the sun then when possible. Check weather forecast for daily uv index. If you are real fair skinned and must go outwear an SPF 30 Wear sunglasses to protect skin around the eyes.