jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much pain not just physically but mentally must we with chronic pain must we

1. Chronic Pain N Me profile image50
    Chronic Pain N Meposted 8 years ago

How much pain not just physically but mentally must we with chronic pain must we have to live with?

How much pain is enuff? I have been in pain for almost 10 yrs. is 12 yrs enuff? Will there ever be a cure? Do Doctors REALLY have the answers or are we all just flotting along??? Isn't normal pain in life enuff?

2. emohealer profile image74
    emohealerposted 8 years ago

Each of us has to answer this question for ouselves what one can and will tolerate is always different for someone else.  Bravo for you so long.  Sound like you are really searching for an answer to how to live your life with less pain and if that is really possible.  What is your condition maybe many of us here at hubpages can provide more of the answers you really seek.  Bless you as you seek to find a better way of life and may you find it.

3. rmcrayne profile image98
    rmcrayneposted 8 years ago

If what you are doing is not working, do something else.  American/Western medicine is not the only answer.  Unfortunately it is largely the only answer that is covered under most health plans.  I’ve worked in that world my entire adult life, and became increasingly disappointed with traditional medical care.  I was treated disrespectfully and dismissively, and saw my own patients treated this way by their doctors as well.  My issues are not pain, but none-the-less I felt defeated. 

I took a different path starting 3 years ago.  I saw a chiropractor who oversaw natural supplements, which over time I replaced my prescription meds with.  I paid about $300 a month out of pocket.  In Dec 08 I began care with a wonderful Naturopath who has been practicing 40 years.  He is also an herbalist, homeopath and nutritionist.  I spend $500 to $800 a month out of pocket, but it won’t cost this much forever.  I’ve taken out loans.  Why not, I did it for a car and a house.  I feel like I have my life back, and feel optimistic about the future.

4. DonnyBoy profile image58
    DonnyBoyposted 8 years ago

Pain can be a state of mind. It all depends. To a Marine pain can be weakness leaving the body. To an athlete it can just be enduring it longer than his opponent to gain victory. To a woman it can be an apology never received from one she has trusted...
    Find the root to the cause of the pain, as pain is not our natural born state. There's usually a cause, as with all pain. Sometimes, for example pain just comes with age, like arthritis and such.