What happens if you mix bleach with other cleaners and is it safe?
I have a very nice story behind this question.
First, I have to say that I have definitely mixed bleach and other cleaners this before, and I'm sure I'm not alone. . . even though most of us know that it's not wise. Here's the warning I found online:
"Never mix a chlorine bleach with any other household or cleaning products. Doing so can result in different types of harmful acids being formed. Poisonous gasses can also be released that will cause very serious breathing problems." (http://www.epa.gov/kidshometour/products/bleach.htm)
I then found the following story, which may serve as a precautionary tale and keep you from harming yourself or the ones that live with you:
"Mixing any chemical with bleach especially ammonia, lemon juice and vinegar can be lethal. My husband was cleaning with pinesol and then went to the neighbors where they were cleaning with bleach. The fumes mixed in his system, robbed his system of oxygen, gave him a heart attack and he was in the hospital for 3 days." (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 419AAr9tGk)
Sounds like a bad idea to me!
I would strongly advise you not to, not because I'm trying to be rude and tell you what you can and can't do. The only reason why I'm advising you don't is because bleach by itself is a strong cleaning solution. I mean I use it often after dying my hair black, red, and vairious colors because it does the job pretty well. Along with that bleach is such a strong cleaning solution that it can actually chemically burn you if left on your skin too long, also prolonged exposure to bleach can cause terrible side effects. so mixing bleach with anything is and awefull idea, unless you know what your doing.
To add to the top portion, you should deffenantly not mix bleach and amonia, because that can create mustard gas, which can kill you. So don't use bleach to clean out the cat litter box.
Don't you read the label?
Did you know even mixing two different brands of the same product could be potentially dangerous?
I have many many safety tickets regarding noxious gasses and dangerous chemicals. I've treated people who've been "gassed". Believe me, it's not pretty.
I would strongly advise you don't mix anything unless you're a chemist.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.