What would your reaction be if you knew your friend was just about to take their

1. profile image55
    nightskaterposted 8 years ago

What would your reaction be if you knew your friend was just about to take their own life?

2. Kiki Hu profile image57
    Kiki Huposted 8 years ago

I'd be really worried. I won't leave a step away from her.  (I'll just use "her" because it's more common with ladies.) I'll distract her away from her suicidal thoughts.  Go out and have fun with her.  I'll try as much as I can to lift her spirit up.  I'll help her deal with the problem she's facing at the moment which is causing her to take her own life.  Life is full of problems.  I'll tell her that she's not the only one with problems.  As long as there's life, there's hope.  If you fall down, you must stand up again.  If you fall again, stand up again. 

At least, I'll let her know that she has a good friend like me to care about her.  I'll let her know that I'm worried because I care about her. I'll encourage her and give her all the support I can. I'll also get her to consult a psychiatrist.  If she has some psychological problems, it's the doctor who will find out and treat her.  I'll tell the other friends and her family to encourage her and take care of her.

3. 1kmjs profile image79
    1kmjsposted 8 years ago

This actually happened to me once, I agreed with them that life is crushing and sad, tried to convince him to bring his gun over to my place and we could both kill ourselves together. It was the first thing that popped into my head and I believe that he was truely lost and just needed someone to understand and sympathise. It was probobly a bad idea, but it worked. He later said that I saved his life but I dont think so. Usually the people who actually kill themselves dont reach out with a phone call. They just do it.