would you make your child kill their pet as punishment

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (79 posts)
  1. bonny2010 profile image60
    bonny2010posted 14 years ago

Saw on the news some mother made her son kill his hamster with a hammer as punishment for poor grades.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did his grades improve? big_smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't care how old this post is, I just read it and Mark, you have warped my fragile little mind! 
        http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/screwy.gif

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sic. who are these sic people.

being a teacher, I've taught kids from both sides of the fence, the best and the worst. one thing they have in common, their parents want their children to succeed in school. it is sad with both extremes pressuring their children.

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg what a sick twisted f****ing idiot. is that woman in prison? i hope so, err...! yikes

4. Teddletonmr profile image68
      Teddletonmrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What mother in her right mind would instruct her child or any other for that matter to Kill anything much less the Kid's pet?
      I ask, where did the mother learn or get this idea from?

5. SandyMcCollum profile image61
      SandyMcCollumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omgosh that's just awful!!! She should be hit with a hammer....

6. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This women is seriously un-stable my heart aches for this poor child. I hope she is charged with child endangerment, mental cruelty, animal cruelty, and anything else they can find to throw at her. My God what a horrid thing to do!

7. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anyone forcing a child to kill an animal, especially their own pet, because they did something wrong is completely out of line, cruel and a pathetic attempt at being parents.

That's completely absurd. smile

8. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A mother one could only wish for...

9. Chrysoprasus profile image61
      Chrysoprasusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WHAT??!! That is completely cruel. I don't the hamster is somekinda destruction to his child. Poor innocent hamster...

10. Lucky Cats profile image82
      Lucky Catsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This says not to post because the topic is over 2 months old....WHAT!!!!! This is a sick situation which needs all the attention we can give it.  Of course a parent should NOT instruct an impressionable child to kill his/her pet...or any animal!  The parent who does this should be jailed FOR LIFE!  How insane are humans? have we all gone MAD!!!?

11. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you know something. some people should NOT ever had kids.  Ever.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
        Just Ask Susanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you Steven. Just think what this would do to the child's mind....having their parent make them kill a pet!  Too warped!

2. Tammy L profile image68
        Tammy Lposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, Steven.   Stupid people shouldn't breed...it's bad enough for a child to see his or her beloved pet get hit by a car but to have Mommy Dearest force him or her to kill an animal (who had nothing to do with the offense in question) is just absolutely insane.

2. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

That will make the child turn into a criminal with psychological problems, the child will enjoy seeing loved ones die in pain.

1. NewYorker profile image58
      NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, that's not really what it would do.

The kid might get a kick out of killing small creatures, start moving on to bigger animals; dogs, cats and etc., and eventually the child would end up with killing it's first human being. The child (most likely an adult now) would probably get a huge kick out of killing someone so big and complex, and ladies and gentlemen, we have the birth of a serial killer. Classic, textbook example.

OR

The kid starts seeing his mom as a threat and will eventually hate her.

bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

the mother went to jail or so I heard reckon she will get her come upperance in there - don't think she will geet the kid back, but who knows

She's probably not getting her child back; it has very traumatizing effect on children to have to kill their own animal, since children always form special bonds with their animals, they become 'friends', and the mother obviously had some psychological problems. I hope for this child's well being that she won't get him back.

3. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Yes if my name was Krugger smile Freddie Krugger smile

Irish go eat your Leprechaun hamburger- i hated that movie gave this old geezer nightmares.

4. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

It reminds me of the Elizabeth Smart case.  Evidently, the woman who co-kidnapped her was very mentally ill.  Her children were often deprived of food, etc...  One night one of the daughters came home and was pleasantly surprised to smell something wonderful cooking.  She asked her mother what was for dinner, to which her mom replied:  "Chicken."  The children all sat down to eat and noticed their parents just scooting around their chicken on the plates, not eating it and focusing solely on the salad.  The next morning the daughter went to get her rabbit from its cage... No rabbit.  Bloody Hell.

back in the sixties a mother apparantly served her her baby up as a baked dinner to her husband - she was quickly certified.

1. mythbuster profile image71
        mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Got more details on this?

5. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

This entire thred is horrifying. sad

i agree sorry  but the bottom line is - too many mothers with problems slip through the net and the victim is always the child

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and what about the hamster ? He's dead !! mad

Yes, let's worry about the hamster, not the child who will never trust an adult human being again.

maybe, just maybe, sometime in the distant future and with the right counselling he will overcome these obstacles

6. AnythingArtzy profile image68
    AnythingArtzyposted 14 years ago

we surely live in a sick world.

Nope its just not a perfect world

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

That mother is no mother and should not be allowed to raise kids.

8. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

That's just digusting, she's clearly sick in the head. What person in their right mind would make a child do this, for any reason, let alone just because he got bad grades. There are too many people of this sort it the world, it saddens me :-(

9. janiek13 profile image77
    janiek13posted 14 years ago

God, no! Who does that? what a psychopath!

10. Chloe Comfort profile image60
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Absolutely NOT yikes

Might make him clean out the poopy cage each day though smile

11. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Definitely there are some sick people around hmm

12. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

scary

13. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Absolutely NOT! That is completely insane and would scar a child for life. His/Her mom was evil and did not have any feelings for life itself!

14. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Oh yes, let's teach children early that other lives can be extinguished at our whim because of our own problems. Better yet, let's teach them that killing is easy and could even be satisfying...this sounds like a wonderful idea...

Yikes...and people wonder why so many children have violence issues and crime rates continue to rise. The hamster had a quick death, will everyone the kid kills in his life get one too?

1. NateSean profile image66
      NateSeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blows the whole video game argument clear out of the water doesn't it?

1. wychic profile image84
        wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...I've got to say, I really don't buy into this whole "video games are making kids violent" thing except inasmuch as kids are disconnecting from reality as a whole, and video games can be one of the avenues for that if their parents aren't doing their job in making sure it stays balanced with the rest of life. However, I can definitely support the "mommy made me smash my hamster's head and made me violent" argument because that's not a reality disconnect...that's a parent bringing the violence into reality, and not only allowing it, but endorsing and requiring it.

15. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 14 years ago

Huh?

16. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

And, she's in jail from it. It happened in GA. It was crazy.

17. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

This is absolutely right up there at the top of the list of some of the sickest things I have ever heard.

I guess in some ways we shouldnt be surprised with everything that goes on in society.

My wife and I stopped watching the news for reasons just like this.  It seems that you never see a feel good story.

All I can say is I hope they take great care in helping the child to understand this wasnt his or her fault. 

Without the proper care this child is headed for disaster.  Having to kill their pet and now no mother.

Yep focus and lots of it needs to be on the child right now and not down the road when its too late.

18. TheCreditTruth profile image59
    TheCreditTruthposted 14 years ago

I don't see anyway that isn't child abuse.

19. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

This is horrific! That poor child.

20. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

This is an act of abuse by this Mother! First this child is going to have serious psychological issues! Teaching your child to inflict pain on a poor defenseless animal because of your own faults is going to instill pain and torture into this child's psyche.

I hope this child was taken from this home and placed with someone who actually cares about him or her. And I hope the child gets proper psychological help!

21. mrfluffy profile image59
    mrfluffyposted 13 years ago

Some people really need an attitude adjustment, i have heard some awful things in my time but that parent gets the biscuit.

22. Joe Badtoe profile image61
    Joe Badtoeposted 13 years ago

it gets worse

hamster was just the nickname of the father.

23. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

The sad state of human values.. I wonder where we are going..sad

1. radenscott24 profile image58
      radenscott24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the mother should be stoned to death for making they child do such things... That is just awful.... I think Dss should step in of things like that instead of taking good kids from good parents like they do here....

24. Maria Cecilia profile image83
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

No I think that's barbaric

25. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Some people should not breed!

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i haven't heard that since my night club days

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You obviously didn't listen! lol

1. Greek One profile image63
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I heard what they said.. I just kept 'plugging' along...

law of averages

26. Hotplate profile image60
    Hotplateposted 13 years ago

Not that it makes this horrible thing any better, but how did she make him kill it?

1. sabrinaaq profile image60
      sabrinaaqposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it says with a hammer....that is terrible though what an evil mother!!!

1. Hotplate profile image60
        Hotplateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So who gets to hit HER with a hammer now?

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is the sickest pet thing I’ve ever heard since they were going to serve up and dine on dogs for the athlete at the Soul Olympic,

But, did it improve her grades (just Kidding)

1. Diane Inside profile image73
            Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like the makings of a serial killer to me.

At what level of an animal’s intelligence and emotions can we eat them or have them as pets, when buying at a meat market?

I saw hamsters cooked on a stick in many downtown centre parks in many towns in South America. I saw the movie Babe, No farm animal had gotten harmed in the making of this movie, but they ate 3 of them,

Personally prefer very low amounts of meat eating.

27. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

What a sick, twisted can't-write-it-or-will-get-banned-for-life!
    This woman is need of some serious medication. At least.
    I have qualms in assuming that this took place somewhere in the US.
    mad
    This is why I prefer the company of my animals over that of most people.

I already said it was sick and the person in medication is not this forum, it was on the news.

I do not support torture, capital punishment and find no reason for killing man or animal unless suffering is too long and great; I said I was kidding and sometime humor or even sometime sick humor releases pressure off of people who become too serious and making things worst.

Lighten up!

I even wish to get off eating meat all together. Yet...

Have you ever heard the cries of the screaming lettuce?

28. kids-toy-box profile image71
    kids-toy-boxposted 13 years ago

Thats just disgusting..killing a hamster won't improve grades...perhaps she should spend the time being a better parent.Responsiilty goes before reward...if the kid was taught this he would act it out.

29. Jo Deslaurier profile image66
    Jo Deslaurierposted 13 years ago

That mother should be prosecuted for animal abuse or put in a mental institution. The child should be placed with relatives and given counseling. That is a seriously twisted story.

Some of these comment is out of context, half of them I could allow my conscious say to another human being, even concerning this situation

She should be hit with a hammer....
      Charged with child endangerment, mental cruelty, animal cruelty, and anything else they can find to throw at
      Should be jailed FOR LIFE!  How insane are humans?
      Some people should NOT ever had kids
      Make the child turn into a criminal
      We have the birth of a serial killer.
      Yes if my name was Krugger  Freddie Krugger 
      That mother is no mother and should not be allowed to raise kids.
      God, no! Who does that? What a psychopath!
      That is completely insane. His/Her mom was evil and did not have any feelings for life itself!
      Let's teach them that killing is easy and could even be satisfying
      Blows the whole video game argument clear out of the water doesn't it?
      Having to kill their pet and now no mother.
      The sad state of human values... I wonder where we are going...
      I think the mother should be stoned to death for making they child do such things...
      Some people should not breed!
      So who gets to hit HER with a hammer now?
      This woman is need of some serious medication.
      That mother should be prosecuted for animal abuse or put in a mental institution. The child should be placed with relatives and given counseling.

These priorities may be considered out of whack to the below priorities comments

I do not support torture; capital punishment and find FOR no reason in killing man or animal except for food or maybe the kindness of Euthanasia can be given to our fellow man as we do for our pet.

Imagine if the same passion was direct to this mother killing a hamster as it to the 900,000 Iraqi (Iraqi claim) death fought on their soil. No Iraqi has been proven to kill one American on American soil. I believe there would be no Iraq war and much greater health to our natural environment. Not harming anyone or creature is godlike in my eyes,  it’s really only the behavior that counts not so much the words.

1. profile image48
        Vanarambaionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's keep this on topic.  It's about a mother ordering her son to smash a hamster with a hammer, not about throwing out absurd numbers in an unrelated war.

Van

It was one post related by priority of all living animals.

Absurd numbers,

I dare you to say that to Iraqi children, Mothers and their families, where pets would be an extreme luxury.

30. profile image54
    sunny5555posted 13 years ago

Before you know it she might order him to cut people's fingers, toes, maybe cut the dogs head off. Make any child or my own kill an animal for punishment? HELL NO

31. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I suppose it could have been worse. The child's pet could have been a horse.

I guess a hamster does not have the same effect as a horse dose between your legs.

32. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

NO, SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN.

please do, it makes me sick

33. Jaynie2000 profile image83
    Jaynie2000posted 13 years ago

WTF? This is disturbing stuff. The mom in this case is horrendously abusive and sounds like a budding serial killer or something. If nothing else, she's going to be raising one. What kind of sick twist even thinks about such a thing, let alone does it? What a freak! She should have her kids taken away and be forced into a treatment program.

34. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

I would hope that the mother and son both receive come quality counselling to overcome whatever has been happening in their lives.

35. Eternal Evolution profile image72
    Eternal Evolutionposted 13 years ago

OMG that is crule and not just to the animal but also to the child. This is horrible!

36. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I thought we had shut this stupid thing down...smile

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly!  who keeps bringing this stupid thread back?  it is soooooo offensive!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)