jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Can a panic attack go into other psychological problems makin gthem worse?

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Can a panic attack go into other psychological problems makin gthem worse?

stress, does it cause them, food does it cause them? What causes them and how do I get rid of them?

2. jasmith1 profile image83
    jasmith1posted 5 years ago

If you haven't already I'd suggest seeing your Doctor as they should be able to help answer these questions for you. As far as I am aware, the causes can be different for different people so you will need to look at unravelling what is happening and identifying your causes in order to overcome them. All the best with it!

3. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

Panic attacks lead to agoraphobia, where a person is afraid to leave the home.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Certain foods can aggravate panic attacks if you are sensitive.  Lactose is one thing that can cause problems in some.  The epinephrin in novocaine and lidocaine can bring on panic attacks.  They use sodium lactate to bring on panic attacks in research subjects so being a neurotic geek, I avoid anything with that preservative in it (lunch meats, deli meat etc.)

It can cause one to become agoraphobic as it tends to make a person want to stay home where it is safe if you have them away from home.

I do understand.

Diane Woodsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Could pickles be a culprit? 2 weeks of mania has physciallly and mentally exhausted me ,,,on seroquel, do you knnow much about it?

5. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

Seroquel is an atypical antipsychotic that is used to treat schizophrenia, Alzheimer's disease and even bipolar disorder. I have seen some patients who take anxiety meds that also take Seroquel, but they are few and far between.

Anxiety and panic attacks can both lead to a psychotic break if not treated properly.

Interestingly, schizophrenia is very similar to pellagra in many ways (niacin deficiency) and there is new, but little, evidence to support that taking niacin actually alleviates or dramatically lessens the symptoms of schizophrenia, when taken with medication. Niacin can also alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety. Taking a b-complex vitamin daily couldn't hurt. Best wishes.

6. Ky4KeithUrban profile image61
    Ky4KeithUrbanposted 5 years ago

Oh Diane I feel for you I never in my hub told what meds I am on.But I am on what you are asking about. I have been in the hospital for a huge panic attack so bad that they checked to see if I was having a stroke..I am tired and force my self to leave my home..And when I do I get sick to my stomach shake all over..So I did have a light stroke a couple of years ago that caused me to studder for almost a year..My Doctor has tried to help me but I just have learned to just turn on music lay down when the panic attack starts.. I cry over everything sometimes I wonder where the out going happy person in me went.I so hope that you will get good answers on here.. God Bless you!!

Diane Woodsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All of our experiences in life cause all of these things, I do pray you are better and write as you can...seroquel makes me sleepy, thats about it...not as worried....Have a great evening...