jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone tried the hundred push up challenge? Were you successful?

1. hublim profile image81
    hublimposted 8 years ago

Has anyone tried the hundred push up challenge? Were you successful?

I came across the hundred push up challenge. Its a program to get you doing 100 push ups in 7 weeks.

I've just did the first workout of week 1 and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

2. profile image0
    molly0181posted 8 years ago

I have seen some youngsters do it. The Hundred pushups challenge i watched in AXN . It was a programme called Guinness records. Best of luck and give some extra food to your muscles

3. profile image43
    Kidxposted 8 years ago

This is a requirement to pass basic training in the Army (or at least, it WAS a requirement when I went through basic training).

Everyone starts out in real bad shape for Army standards, and they gauge you on how much you improve since you started, but there are some required numbers that you must meet, such as your average mile time on the run or completion time of the obstacles. One of these requirements was to do 100 pushups in a row with no rest in between.

I thought that I would never be able to do it, but they have you doing so much running and strength exercises that it wasn't impossible to accomplish by the end of training. It really is a mind over matter thing, because your arms start to feel like they are on fire after about 35-40 pushups, and around 80 or so you are sure that they are going to fall off.

It took us more than 7 weeks, but I'm sure you could at least make some pretty good progress if you really focus on that program. You'll be satisfied even if you don't reach 100, because you will be able to see how much progress you made, and that is supposed to motivate you to keep trying.

Good luck!

-Kidxxx

4. Skif profile image54
    Skifposted 8 years ago

When I went through basic training, we did not do the 100 push-up challenge. I went to Fort Benning in 2002. We did, however, have to complete as many push-ups in two minutes as we could.  After some serious training, I was able to get over 70.  I am not a particularly strong person (at the time, I was 6' tall and about 135 lbs), but some of my friends were able to get around 90 push-ups in two minutes.  As long as you don't burn yourself out early, I think you should be able to pull it off.  Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Closed to reply

working