jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What pharmaceutical medicines can marijuana easily replace?

1. Sterling Sage profile image77
    Sterling Sageposted 8 years ago

What pharmaceutical medicines can marijuana easily replace?

Please compare safety, effectiveness and side-effects.

2. chiawana profile image77
    chiawanaposted 8 years ago

If you are talking about marijuana used as an anti-nausea agent, then it could replace such drugs as promethazine, prochlorperazine, ondansetron, or granisetron. These drugs are all available in injectable forms, which marijuana is not, to my knowledge. For severely ill patients, an injectable form may be the only choice.  I am not qualified to compare the safety of these drugs to marijuana.  I believe the choice of which to use would depend on the patient's condition and his preference.  I believe that medical marijuana has legitimate uses and should be available to those who need it.

3. artsroy profile image56
    artsroyposted 8 years ago

medicinal marijuana can replace many medications which relieve pain without the side effects. the many different strains of medical marijuana will help in many different ways such as decreases in nausea and tremors in many people with serious illness. Also, medical marijuana increases the appetite. If you would like to peruse a more complete list you can google health canada's- medical marijuana access division- and they could tell you alot more.

4. Lynda Gary profile image53
    Lynda Garyposted 7 years ago

For a COMPLETE list of diseases and symptoms for which cannabis is proven helpful, see this article: http://hubpages.com/hub/Medical-Uses-fo … Big-Debate

The list of pharmaceuticals that marijuana can easily replace would be in thousands, probably the tens of thousands.

5. mirage erin profile image80
    mirage erinposted 7 years ago

i am guessing painkillers, and also things that people take to put on weight.