jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to keep kids safe when a predator convicted of child molestation is living i

1. Didistoyz profile image58
    Didistoyzposted 8 years ago

How to keep kids safe when a predator convicted of child molestation is living in the neighborhood?

2. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Make sure you always know where your kids are and if they want to play outside with friends, watch over them or have someone watch them.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

The same way you keep them safe from a child molester in the neighborhood who has not been caught yet. At least you might know where the convicted one lives.

Just teach them to be street smart and not to go into anyone's house.or accept rides, etc.

4. Harmax123 profile image55
    Harmax123posted 8 years ago

teach them proper ways to avoid being snatched, yelling screaming running kicking, tell them if any adult approaches them to get away fast and get to a safe place...... an adult should never approach a child for help.

5. Didistoyz profile image58
    Didistoyzposted 8 years ago

I suppose I was looking for a magic answer and in todays world there isn't.  Of course with my younger children I watch them very careful.  They are never out of site!  I worry more about my teenage daughter who has more independence, being abducted but I suppose there is no more danger of knowing a convicted child molestor is living the neighborhood?  I know they are everywhere,  just knowing for fact one is right down the street makes me paranoid! What a sad world we live in!

6. AnnaCia profile image82
    AnnaCiaposted 6 years ago

All answers are valid, on the other hand, I agree with Lady_E and Didistyz.  We should teach our children to be aware of their environments and people.  It is important to let them know what to do in dangerous situations.  At the same time, we cannot trust our kids will be able to handle situations like these.  Unfortunately, we live in an out of control world.  Children and adolescents need to be supervised, always know where they are.