jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your (big or small) success story for today?

1. floating mind profile image79
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

What is your (big or small) success story for today?

We are all trying to accomplish something each day.  And when we complete that something (large or small), it can put a smile on our faces.  These little successes can help us push forward to complete more successes; and they can make us feel good about ourselves.  What's Your? 

Here's an example:
    I found out today that my profile page ranked 9th out of 6,480,000 pages when searched for my profile name!  A small and simple success!  That was worth a smile.

2. Caryl Oliver profile image56
    Caryl Oliverposted 8 years ago

Early last year I started back with the sport of fencing after an 18 year break.  I was unfit and overweight - a heart attack waiting to happen.  I have now won the Australian National Championships and earlier this year I won the Commonwealth Championships.  I have dropped nearly 20kg, am much fitter and happier and having a ball doing something I love!

3. wearing well profile image73
    wearing wellposted 8 years ago

My daily motto is:
    Just for today I will do something to help someone,this makes me HAPPY and SUCCESSFUL !

4. floating mind profile image79
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

Caryl Oliver
    - Congratulations on your success.  I wish you many more.

wearing well
    - that's a great way to help others.  I see more successes for you in the future.

5. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 8 years ago

you will be surprised at my answer.... as i am giving away a huge secret...

all my adult life,since suffering from post natal depression, after my daughter was born, and after losing a baby, i find it hard to get myself out of the house, and anywhere, unless i am with someone.

My daughter lives only  a 20 minute drive away, and i am going to pick up her daughter at 1.10.... i don't drive, and am quite isolated, though i can get a bus or a train, i don't want to get a taxi..... as today i have time, and can do it on my own..

The anxiety i feel as i talk about my hidden secret is huge.  I will be so proud of myself, when i get to my grand daughters school gate, but believe me, it is the same as climbing mount Everest, to some, i will be exhausted for the rest of the day, and am almost having panic attacks, as i write, but i will do it.  Not even my closes family realise i have this problem, how could they i hide it so well..........

6. DIY Backlinks profile image55
    DIY Backlinksposted 7 years ago

I try to build another useful hub or add some backlinks to my network every day.

7. mdlawyer profile image38
    mdlawyerposted 7 years ago

I wanted to write two hubs today after my hectic routine.  I accomplished my plan and I feel successful this evening.

working