Hubpage Success Story... help me make it a complete success

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

CALLING ALL HUBBERS!!

Because of my hubpage profiles I have an interview for a San Antonio magazine.  I saw the add and simply emailed them both my hubpage profiles, and they replied "you are exactly what we are looking for".  I've written very personal stuff on my profiles but that's what hey asked for.  There add read:

Our magazine is looking for writers, people with inspirational/interesting stories, local people or business owners who would like to produce articles for brand new San Antonio magazine. If you are an aspiring writer and looking to get your ideas out, this could be your opportunity. Please respond back to this ad with your background, story ideas, education, and why you feel people would want to read your writing/stories.

I am new in this town, and I am flowing with ideas... please give me feedback.  I am new to this town, I am enjoying visiting new bars and clubs... taking pictures of them and writing about my experience.  I can write inspiring poetry.  I can have a column.  What do you think?  I want to have ideas after ideas at the interview.

1. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fluff this is great news-firstly well done to you, secondly, seize the day look on it has a great opportunity to spread your good work- make sure they pay you !!

Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank you

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

are you serious?  wow, congratulations fluffy that's wonderful. Im so happy for you.  i know you'll do a great job for them, as your a outstanding writer.  smile

thank you

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Fluffy,

At least things are moving forward, instead of backwards. smile

I'm glad to hear you're doing better and the move was a great thing too. smile

3. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Congrats, Fluffy - sounds like you have made a great move - good luck with the magazine. You seem to have the newcomer's views on San Antonio's night life covered.

What about a series on what the city has to offer from a newcomer's POV? SA is rich in history, culture, architecture, cultural/ethnic roots - check out the Arts scene, theater, music.

Are there any, young up-and-coming clothing, decor, or home designers there who are starting to make a bit of a name for themselves? Getting the inside track with some of them as a booster now could be helpful later for you and for them in career terms.

What is the demographic of this magazine? Is it aimed at the young trendy crowd? Knowing their target audience could be very helpful to you in developing ideas for articles.

Anyway, congrats, and hope this helps out a bit. Have fun! big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Great ideas... THANKS!!  I'm going to do some research.  I also was thinking about researching businesses that have been open for a long time, inspirational stories involving  volunteer opportunities and homeless programs.

4. Fluffymetal profile image75

Anymore ideas????

1. travelespresso profile image69
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good luck and congrats.

You've got some good ideas already but here are a few more:

Things locals can do for free
      Stories about those people helping others in the community
      A travel section (haha - I WOULD say that!)
      A section on cafes in town - but add something about the owner
      A "great find" piece every month - if you're interested in antiques and the town/city (sorry I'm not from the US) has several try to identify a good find and photograph and write about its history etc.

Hope you get it!

2. J Sunhawk profile image67
      J Sunhawkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1) Go to the courthouse Monday morning and ask the sheriff's deputy if you can interview the prisoners and get their opinions on jailhouse food.

2) San Antonio is rich in history. Prowl around city hall and find out which warehouse the city stores its artifacts. Then get in the warehouse and look around.

3) Go to your local pet store and find out who has strange pets like spiders or ants.

5. figment profile image74
    figmentposted 13 years ago

Post local AA/NA events and local meeting locations.  Write articles about success stories.

6. europewalker profile image78
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Congrats, good luck to you!

Thank you

7. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

It's so nice to read of someones success.  Maybe somewhere along the line, in one of your articles, you can let everyone know about all your friends, and all the encouragement you have found on hub pages.  Well done, i am just going over to read some of your hubs.

Hubpages really is a great place to start publishing your work.  It is the only reason I was even considered for the position.

8. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Yes, HubPage writers really do get noticed.  Congratulations and keep us informed on what happens.  Fantastic!

9. Fluffymetal profile image75

I wrote a hub that I would love some feedback on that I am going to present at my interview.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)