Is the autism disorder increasing among our children because of our modern fast

1. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 8 years ago

Is the autism disorder increasing among our children because of our modern
    fast lifestyle?

1 in 100 ratio of 8-years-olds have received a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, up form an estimated 1 in 150 two years ago in Australia. The ratio is similar all around the Westernd world. What can be our expectation in next two years? is there a connection between our fast food, fast living lifestyle and increase in our childrens' mental/social disorders?

2. It's just me profile image60
    It's just meposted 7 years ago

Since I have two sons with asperger's syndrome I have been studying this, It is a physical problem that manifests itself in ones mental health. The amydala is larger than the norm in autistic people, one of the things that effects the amydala is carbon monoxide. So I think the answer is a partial yes though not completely so.

3. G.L.A. profile image86
    G.L.A.posted 6 years ago

Considering the RAPID increase in autism during the last 20 years, it would appear that there is a definate connection to 'modern lifestyle'. I believe that more is 'known' by the so-called experts, than they are willing to release to the public.. probably for political reasons. Nonetheless, since this question was originally posted, (less than 2 years ago), odds of autism infliction have increased from 1 in 100, to 1 in 90 ~ at this rate, it won't be too long before we reach the 100% ratio ~ ALL humans will be born autistic. Hmm..

working