I need help at my age with the proper supplements as I reached forty.

1. drcrischasse profile image55
    drcrischasseposted 8 years ago

I need help at my age with the proper supplements as I reached forty.

I have hit the magic forty mark and I was a college football player. I work out religiously but I need to increase my energy level and maintain my muscle. Any ideas?

2. profile image0
    Dominique Tengposted 8 years ago

As we age our bodies produce less of the human growth hormone. Many of the body functions decrease.  At the same time we become more susceptible to age-related diseases. There are many supplements you can take. Start with a good quality food state multivitamin and mineral supplement. Add omega-3 essential fatty acids. Supplement with free state amino acids, especially arginine, ornithine, and glutamine to increase  production of the HGH. Add good quality full spectrum digestive enzymes. Add some herbs, such as saw palmetto to support the prostate function. Add antioxidants such as alpha lipoic acid, beta carotene, OPC, resveratrol, or pycnogenol. You may also want to check your hormone levels as testosterone decreases with age. Adaptogenic herbs such as ashwaganda, ginseng, rhodiola, and shizandra will help you keep your energy at high levels.
    In radiant health

3. profile image50
    soumya singhposted 8 years ago

you can take a good time release multi vitamin and mineral formula, with added nutritients like leutin, co enzyme q10. along with this u can also take omega3 supplements and garlic tablets.
    if u have special problems please specify.
    leutin is a natural carotenoid and helps prevent cataract and macular degeneration, co enzyme q 10 (also known as ubiquinone) is good for ur heart and energy levels.
    omega 3 is an allrounder and garlic is an antibacterial, anti fungal, blood tonic and will keep ur heart fit.
    for any other specific conditions please specify.
    above is just a recommendation before using please consult ur physician.
    hope this information has helped you.
    stay healthy.

Closed to reply