Are there any natural remedies / supplements / foods that help psoriasis?

1. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

Are there any natural remedies / supplements / foods that help psoriasis?

I have had a terrible flare up of this recently and while I have medication to try and improve it, I wondered what is good to have in your diet or to supplement your diet to aid your skin? If anything.

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

fish oil or flax is a great supplement it has the omega fatty acids your body needs and is great for skin also.  Use aloe and vitamin E also on your skin.

Pure water - if you drink soda, coffee etc. you need to ensure you also are drinking plenty of pure filtered water every day.  Your skin needs it to heal. 

Use handmade soap over any commercial products - they are loaded with detergents that strip the oils out of your skin.  I started making my own soaps due to eczema and it made worlds of difference.  If you can't make it yourself buy homemade soaps you'll love them.

Don't eat processed foods with chemicals and preservatives and eat a diet rich in raw or minimally processed fruits and vegetables.  Avoid SUGAR it is the devil for those of us with chronic skin conditions.  Getting off of sugar and refined carbs was the best thing I ever did for my skin.

3. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

When I have a bad breakout, I put loads of table salt in a bowl of warm water. I soak a hand towel in it and lay it directly on my breakout areas. It's itchy, but I see improvement almost immediately.