How has grief affected you?

1. agaglia profile image81
    agagliaposted 8 years ago

How has grief affected you?

What kinds of emotional and physical experiences have you had when you grieved?

2. Laura Thykeson profile image69
    Laura Thykesonposted 8 years ago

In one instance I became a drunk for two years...in another I wailed and wept for two weeks. I obviously don't deal with the loss of a loved one very well, to say the least. I always cry, certain songs can especially set me off even years later. I literally can feel my heart almost "lurch" in my chest when I am given the news, which gives credence to the term "broken hearted". I have actually felt what I would call the physical symptoms of a broken heart. I am a super-sensitive person, and when I love someone, it is with all I have, so therefore when I lose them, it affects me very strongly. I have tried to deal with grief in a much more healthy way down through the years, with quite a bit of success, but I will admit it has taken some therapy to get there. I had to learn some healthy coping skills along the way. Hope this answer helps you. (I wouldn't suggest using my above mentioned ways of dealing with death for anyone else by the way-just made things worse)

3. agaglia profile image81
    agagliaposted 8 years ago

Hi Laura,
        You make a good point. You CAN actually feel your heart lurch! Then your stomach gets bad, and you have body aches. The physical aspects of grief are amazing.

working