How do you deal with a broken heart?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (39 posts)
  1. sassysexybossy profile image60
    sassysexybossyposted 12 years ago

I know how it fells to be loved but felling broken hearted is just low. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know how it feels to be loved. I know how it feels when your heart is broken. Both feelings will pass in due time. Time is our curse and our blessing sometimes.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1702732.jpg   It will mend.

2. Jyoti Patil profile image62
      Jyoti Patilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cry a lot. Let your heart out. Let your hearth shout. Time loosens up everything.

1. Capedium profile image70
        Capediumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

l
        ol!!..  Feeling you

3. cobrien profile image60
      cobrienposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Socialize. Keep busy. Cry it out. Time heals.

4. yolanda yvette profile image60
      yolanda yvetteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cry as often as is needed; there's healing in it.  And allow time to do the rest.

5. Justjed profile image59
      Justjedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What I have come to realize is that it heals with time. Crying is permitted because it is therapeutic and there might be that need to talk with some. Speaking from experience

6. aisha91 profile image53
      aisha91posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just cry it out and love yourself more. Loving yourself means, maintaining your dignity, your loveliness, modesty, patient, kindness and appreciate all the great things you have. Do more good deeds, the happiness and satisfaction it will give you will soon override your pain. Just try it and see... You will feel great again. smile

7. profile image0
      setarehposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i think a broken heart only fully heals when you find someone else worth loving.
      That's just my opinion.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image70
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

Music. Crying. Screaming. Whatever it takes. But the one thing I don't do is bottle it up inside.

3. Cassie Smith profile image60
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

I eat two pints of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.  At the end of the 2nd pint I'm so horrified at the number of calories that I have consumed that I get upset over that.  Then I eat a family sized bag of Doritos Ranch Flavor Corn Chips.  Then I'm disgusted with myself so I try to walk it off.  I repeat on a daily basis until I get ahold of myself.  Then I just listen to a lot of music that makes me cry.  Afterwards I delete or tear up every picture that I've ever taken of him.

1. Marlena Oechsner profile image61
      Marlena Oechsnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cassie, every other reply hit some nerve within me, but your reply completely resonated with me. Every time I've had a broken heart (or have just been feeling crummy), it seems like ice cream, potato chips, music, and the possible destruction of photos makes me feel tons better. And the walking helps too...makes me feel better and gets rid of all of those comfort calories. smile

4. TDRussell profile image59
    TDRussellposted 12 years ago

For me, a broken heart can last forever...if I let it. I remember my first broken heart from high school. I thought he is the one, and I wrote our names at least 1,000 times...much to my mothers' dismay. To this day I still talk to the guy, and I still love him on some level, and if I really delve into the reason for the heart break it still hurts.

But the reality is that I don't dwell on it. I let it go with the realization that everyone makes mistakes, and love doesn't mean you will be with that one someone forever. So I deal with the broken heart by taking a dose of reality, and putting my feet back on the ground, and moving forward. But it is fun while the rose colored glasses are on, just ask the French which coined the phrase la vie en rose!

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I usually just slept with my ex's sister....

helped the healing process considerably

6. Capedium profile image70
    Capediumposted 12 years ago

Is a whole new world out there..
    Why waist my precious tears
    When there is someone wiling to care
    Why spend endless night awake..
    For someone who was fool to walk away..
    Heart break to me is just another way of saying
    There is someone out there who is dying to care
    A friend and companion I can call home

7. Night Magic profile image60
    Night Magicposted 12 years ago

I've had two long term relationships that didn't work.  KEEP BUSY. I started to write for Hub Pages & Squidoo.  Your mind is busy trying to learn something new you don't have time to think about your past relationship.  I also called friends and got out as much as possible and joined the gym.

The thing is, even though you're going through a lot of pain right now, it will get better.  99% of the time your new life turns out to be much much better than your old one.

1. guerrykathy profile image61
      guerrykathyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True, NightMagic, that you need to look forward-can't take old of anything new while tightly grasping the remnant of the old. The rearview mirror is small for a reason-its used to look back. Now look at the windshield, which is so much larger and clearer and causes you to focus forward. So many comments about time being a healer but that's not always true. A scar does form over the fresh wound but I've met some people who are as bitter, angry and lost as they were over a broken relationship 20 years ago. More than just letting time pass, you must be proactive and don't relegate your happiness to others. Its OK to cry but cry with a purpose.(This cry washes away the pain and clarifies my vision-now I am moving on.) Feel the pain, use it  to motivate you and then let it go.And remember the great philosopy "This, too, shall pass." Not trying to minimize your pain, I have been there and these things helped me. Blessings to you, Sassy.

8. garrettdixon profile image60
    garrettdixonposted 12 years ago

First of all you must want to heal.  If you are still thinking that there is a chance that you will get back together you will never completely heal.  You have to be honest with your self.  After you have started this healing process, it is always good to find a close friend or companion in whom you can trust.  Tell them everything your thinking, as ventingcan almost always help the problem.  As someone else already said, don't bottle it up, letting it out will help you heal much faster.

1. Capedium profile image70
      Capediumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I cant agree with you more

2. garrettdixon profile image60
      garrettdixonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I also am fully behind this answer.

9. passthejelly profile image72
    passthejellyposted 12 years ago

Heartbreak stems from insecurity that you have lost something that you will never be able to get something back.  Heartbreak is the feeling of loss, and honestly it is illogical on ever level.  People have high expectations of someone and believe they are the answer to problems that they are experiencing in their own life. Be happy in your own skin and never let anyone make you feel unworthy.  YOU are the only person that you need in your life.  YOU are what gives you strength.  No one else matters, they are just people you come across in your life and if they stay or not is none of your concern.  I hope this helps.

10. loveandsex profile image60
    loveandsexposted 12 years ago

Cry, cry and cry.
    Burn his or her properties, love letters etc in your possession.
    Go out with friends to see a movie, comedy etc
    Get busy.Really busy.
    It takes time to fall out of love just the same way falling in love takes time.
    The keyword here is TIME.

11. LoriSoard profile image65
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

Surround yourself with those who love and appreciate you in your circle of family and friends. The only other thing is time. The pain eases over time and it begins to hurt less.

12. Quirinus profile image60
    Quirinusposted 12 years ago

I’m so sorry if you’re into such a situation right now.  It is one of the heavier loads to carry.  I have been through that myself, and have used the memory of the experience/s as fuel for topics.
    Basically, the challenge is about learning to accept and let go, as with all the losses with experience in life.
    You may get bits of ideas from two of my hubs about letting go:
    The Pain of Holding On, The Beauty of Letting Go (http://quirinus.hubpages.com/hub/The-Pa … Letting-Go)
    The Tao of Grieving (http://quirinus.hubpages.com/hub/The-Tao-of-Grieving)
    One needs to acknowledge the pain as the thought/memory arises, accept, then let go.  It takes time to heal the wound, but with the persistent effort of accepting then letting go, the pain somehow subsides.

13. ChristinaCali profile image61
    ChristinaCaliposted 12 years ago

In my 20's I went through a marriage that ended by the time I was 24, but he was abuse as hell, so I was thankful to be alive.  After that I have gotten into 3 relationships that were serious (34 now).  You learn from them.  The experiences help you get a "list" of the never again type of crap.  Your relationship ended for a reason, and the best way to chalk it all up is learning from the experience.  I can say that there is a list a mile long for me.  I don't fret or cry over ending something with someone anymore.  If you are feeling lonely and just want to chat/talk to someone at night.  Join match.com or even use Craigslist as a way to have some form of communication.  You don't have to have a serious convo with someone, but just shoot the breeze.  I always had my aunt to call, and we would just RIP the new ex apart, and laugh (sometimes cry) away all the hurt and pain.  I also always stayed active.  I would walk for hours sometimes if I felt like what the freak just happened.  Zero communication with the ex was a good thing for me as well.  The pain goes away.  Faster each time too.  Hopefully you get through this, you will -- takes a bit, and then your back better than ever.  I used to watch Sex And The City and pretend I was Samantha...that ALWAYS made it easier.  LOL

1. radhikasree profile image72
      radhikasreeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Continuing life with a broken heart was frustrating for me. For about one week, nothing worked and it was during the time of festival in our nearby temple. I used to go and sit there, watch the celebrations and maybe, because of the presence of God I could come back to normal state.

Time only can let you forget all those.

14. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 12 years ago

Well said

15. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I think you live with it for awhile, hope it heals; and if it doesn't, find a way to "live around it".

16. faisal alkhalefi profile image60
    faisal alkhalefiposted 12 years ago

الصبر

Patience

17. Diane Inside profile image74
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

Going through it right now. For me it helps to keep myself busy.

It also helps to remember all the things I have to be grateful for.

It still hurts but being grateful for what I do have helps me to know there is more things that define me than just my lost love.

18. pharuk temmy t profile image40
    pharuk temmy tposted 12 years ago

In two seperate ways, hearts are like eggs and hearts are like rod. If you have experience a broken heart which is partaining to to eggs then you should be glad that they are not just the right person for you because the right person for you will never break your heart rather they will put you first in all they do.if you fall at the egg heart broken category then its not to late for you to get going for the future has a lot of goodies to offer you more than where you fell heart broke. If you fall at the rod heart broke category then you are lucky because your heart has never been broken, what you have just experiece is what will happen to you sooner or later. So you know what is good for you"THE DEATH WHICH TOOK OF YOUR HAT AND NOT YOUR HEAD IS PASSING YOU A SERIOUS WARNING!

19. profile image50
    deepakinsatiableposted 12 years ago

Every mistake is an opportunity to learn something new........

Giving love is the greatest pleasure of life...

1. profile image52
      Faby9posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is very true! You learn from ur  mistakes.. It is called learning experiences!

20. Martins Fraulein profile image60
    Martins Frauleinposted 12 years ago

In a way, your not supposed to "deal with it." you are supposed to "accept" it, and stay true to yourself. A lot women, tend to think because they've had their heart broken, that no one loves them, when that is never the case. my advice would be to stay positive, and improve on something, or start a new hobby to take your mind off that touchy subject. When someone gets their heart broken, they tend to think of nothing but that part that has just happened. Some people deal with their problems in different ways, but the best is to accept that bad things fall apart so better things can come together.

sassysexybossyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good Advice Martins Fraulein.

21. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

ask to borrow money!

22. elle64 profile image84
    elle64posted 12 years ago

It is hard to heal a broken heart. But remember you have to get through it ,not over it. Otherwise it comes back again to haunt you. Best of luck.

23. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Remind yourself that it won't always hurt this bad....
    I promise.

Surround yourself with color and positive people. Do the things you like to do.

sassysexybossyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great advice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)