How do I ease the pain of my grandpas death???

1. Pumkingirl profile image54
    Pumkingirlposted 8 years ago

How do I ease the pain of my grandpas death???

My grandpa died almost four years ago and I still cry every birthdays(even my own and my sisters),valentines,new years,easter,st.patricks day,and any other holiday,especialy Christmas.

2. Silver Poet profile image73
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

Some ways people deal with grief include planting a tree in his name, naming a star after him, seeing and naming his qualities that survive in you yourself, imagining him watching you from somewhere, remembering the things that he taught you, or naming your son after him (if and when you have a son).

3. GoGranny profile image77
    GoGrannyposted 8 years ago

It sounds like you and your Grandpa were very close. It is always difficult to lose a loved one. You may try thinking about how he would feel if knew how upset you have been. Would it make him feel bad if he knew his death was doing this to you and there is no way for him to help you like he used to? Think of what he would want you to do to ease your grief for him. Maybe he would want you to just be grateful for the time you had together, feel blessed because not everyone is lucky enough to have had a loving grandparent or ever had a chance to even meet them.
    I don't think he would like that you are upset with life because he is no longer here...I think he would want you to remember him with joy and celebrate his life by being the great person he knew you would be. Make his spirit happy by enjoying the life that you have left to live. Time heals all wounds, and it will happen for you, too! Best Wishes.

working